About AIIMS & its Entrance Examination
The AIIMS (All India Institutes of Medical Sciences) are among the coveted medical colleges of higher education medical aspirants look up to. And why not! AIIMS, a group of autonomous medical colleges are spread across the country and are centers of excellence when it comes to medical education. The medical science practiced here is of highly advanced nature and is one of the reasons why students from all over the world come to study here.
AIIMS Delhi, established in 1956 and is a leader when it comes to stem cell therapy. It also has India’s first and only minimally invasive surgery training center apart from holding a number of other achievements. Apart from the fore-runner parent institution, AIIMS institutes are located at Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, and Rishikesh. All of these institutes offer a number of graduation and post-graduation courses which are among the best ones. Below is the number of medical seats available at AIIMS of different locations.
Eligibility for AIIMS MBBS-2019 Entrance Examination*5% PWBD Reservation on horizontal & category basis as per PWBD Act 2016 subject to medical fitness by Medical Board of Institute
A candidate aspiring to pursue a course at AIIMS must meet the below criteria:
- The candidate must be of Indian origin.
- Candidates belonging to Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) category should be registered under Section 7A of Indian Citizenship Act 1955 and they must submit their registration proof while applying for admissions.
- Those applying for admission to AIIMS MBBS entrance examination should have completed a minimum of 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019.
- Candidates should have appeared and passed the class 12th board exam or equivalent examination recognized by AIIMS Delhi. It is mandatory for candidates to have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in class 11th-12th.
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC categories should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the above-mentioned subjects while those belonging to SC, ST and OPH categories are entitled to a relaxation of 10%.
Important Dates for AIIMS MBBS-2019 Entrance Examination
|Availability of online applications from|
The first week of February 2019
Termination of availability of online applications
|The first week of March 2019|
|Corrections to the application form to be started from|
The first week of March 2019
Final closing of application form correction window
|The second week of March 2019|
|Updating of the final status of submitted applications by|
The fourth week of March 2019
Final uploading of AIIMS MBBS 2019 Application Correction Window
|The third week of April 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card for AIIMS MBBS 2019 from|
The second week of May 2019
AIIMS MBBS 2019 to be held on
|May 25 and May 26, 2019|
|AIIMS MBBS 2019 Results to be declared on|
June 12, 2019
Examination Details of AIIMS MBBS-2019 Entrance Examination
The All India Entrance Examination will be held at various centers across the country only in an online mode on May 25 & 26 2019. This computer-based test will be conducted in 2 shifts (morning & evening). The duration of the test will be 3½ hours and the medium will be English and Hindi. Around 2 lakh candidates apply for this prestigious exam.
AIIMS MBBS-2019 Entrance Examination Pattern
A total of 200 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology (comprising Zoology and Botany) and General Knowledge. 60 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology each and 20 questions would be related to GK. The syllabus will be the CBSE syllabus taught in Class 10+2 and common syllabus as notified by the MCI (Medical Council of India). Each question bears 1 mark for each correct answer and -⅓ marks for each incorrect answer.
Details of AIIMS MBBS-2019 Entrance Examination Admit Card
The hall ticket for this exam will be issued by the Delhi AIIMS on the second week of May 2019, and it will also work as the admit card. It will be issued to all those candidates who have submitted the application form. Candidates can download their admit cards by entering their AIIMS application numbers and passwords. After downloading, candidates should check the different particulars to double check if all the data has been entered correctly.
Guidelines for the D-Day
- As AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam is going to be held in 4 different slots across 2 days, candidates are expected to check the exact date and time of their slot.
- Candidates are expected to reach 1 hour before the time mentioned on the admit card. This will give them sufficient time to clear the biometric and security checks.
- Avoid carrying any study material, either in a soft or hard copy. They will not be anyway allowed inside the examination hall and you may be debarred from appearing in the exam. Carry only admit card along with a valid identity proof.
AIIMS MBBS-2019 Entrance Examination Results, Cut-offs & Merit List
The result will be declared online only on Jun 12, 2019. Since the test is online for the first time, there will hardly be any answers released by coaching institutes in the interim. Only those candidates who have qualified the exam will be able to check their result. The result will be declared roll number-wise as well as rank-wise. As per AIIMS Delhi, the cut-off marks for unreserved candidates are expected to be 50% while for SC/ST and OBC students it would be 40% and 45% respectively.
The merit list will be released by AIIMS Delhi and will have the list of qualified candidates in the order of their final scores. And the qualified students will be invited for the counseling process.
Must Read: AIIMS MBBS 2019 (Complete details)