You have worked hard for months so that you pass your MBA entrance exam with flying colors. It’s some time for the results but that doesn’t mean your task is done. If you have given numerous practice tests then you will have a rough idea of what your score is going to be like. You can now start using your time constructively by looking at colleges with a cut off score that you are likely to achieve in the test. It will help you find your way to the Best MBA College in the country.
According to academic experts, many management aspirants don’t realize that choosing a B School is a carefully thought out decision. In many cases they send out random applications to colleges and pick one from those they get into. Similarly there is hardly any thought that is put into choosing the specialization of the PGDM program. That can be a grave mistake especially when you have the time and resources to make the decision that can alter the course of your life. Here are a few helpful tips that will let you choose amongst Top MBA Colleges In India and the numerous programs they offer.
Choosing best colleges to study
- Let’s face it, not all MBA aspirants are going to get into the IIMs. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do your PGDM from one of the top colleges in the country. There are several B Schools in India, in places like Pune, Bangalore and other exciting education centers that are not only ranked high but offer you dynamic PGDM programs with a holistic learning experience.
- The reputation of a B School matters to a large extent and those that have been around for decades should be given preference to. They have stood the test of time and have set a benchmark for management institutes in the country. B Schools that are backed by top industrial houses can also offer you quality resources for learning.
- The location of the MBA College In India has an impact on two levels. Firstly, it’s the city and campus that you are going to spend two years of your life in. Hence you want to make sure that it offers a buzzing vibe suitable for student life. It should also have a campus and learning environment that is ideal for studies.
- A B School that is strategically located near an industrial hub also has its advantages. Its proximity to some of the biggest organizations not only means you have access to big names in the business but also that you have more opportunities to network with professionals. These networks can be leveraged from the time of placements to throughout your professional lives.
- You can also spend some time doing actual research on the ground by checking out the campuses of the colleges you are interested in. That gives you a clear picture of the facilities and amenities in the classroom and hostel. You can also take this opportunity to speak to students on campus and know exactly what you are getting into.
- It is often said that a B School is only as good as its faculty members and there is a great deal of truth to it. If you go through the websites of different B Schools you will get more information about the faculty members. Their academic and industry experience is vital for your management training.
- A Top MBA College in the country is also distinguished by the industry exposure that it offers its students. That’s where colleges located in places like Pune and Bangalore have their merits. They will draw industry experts from different companies based in the area, for lectures and seminars that give you a slice of real life experience of the corporate world.
- You also cannot overlook a B School’s placement record because at the end of the day you want it to launch your professional career on a high note. Pay attention to the names of recruiters that come to the campus, kind of roles they offer and efforts taken by the placement cell of a B School to know that you are in safe hands.
- Finally it’s important to look at the recreational facilities that a B School offers its students as well. During your two year PGDM program you are going to be stressed about deadlines, assignments and will need avenues to unwind and rejuvenate. Check out the initiatives and facilities offered by the B School for extracurricular activities too.
Choosing the Specialization for your PGDM
- Picking the Best MBA College in the country is only possible if you know the program you want to opt for. There is no point settling for a program that is not your preferred choice at one of the best B Schools in the country. That’s why right in the beginning you need to have a fair idea about specializations and the B Schools that are offering them.
- Choosing the right specialization is easier said than done and there are different considerations that come into play here. Aptitude is one of them. Traditionally it has been seen that those with penchant for numbers excel in Finance specialization while those who are good with people do well in Sales and Marketing. HR specialization has its own merits and can be for those who prefer to work in an office environment.
- Your personal interest is of primary importance as well because you don’t want to be stuck doing your specialization in a subject that you find boring. Finance, Marketing, HR are just some of the popular specializations offered by Top MBA Colleges In India. Find out more about each of these specializations and match them with your interests before taking the plunge.
- Another way of going about choosing specializations is keeping an eye on fields that are in demand today. You can look at placement reports of different B Schools or follow industry news to know more about management streams that are much sought after by recruiters. Doing your specialization in a field that is high in demand naturally boosts your employability chances in the intensely competitive job market.
- You will also find Top MBA Colleges In India offering dual specializations, which can be used to your advantage. There are others, which allow you to choose your specialization in the second year of your program. It gives you time to understand what your interests are firsthand before making any decision. Several new age and unique specializations hold their advantages as well.
The right mix of top B School and appropriate specialization can be the perfect combination for your success as a future management professional.