There are thousands of books catering to IBPS PO exam. But there are some that outshine others in the low-cost category.
Here are best ten books that can guarantee you success in IBPS PO exam:
Best 10 Books for IBPS PO Preparations
Following are some of the best books to crack down IBPS PO exam both Pre and Main.
1. Comprehensive Guide to IBPS – Disha Publications
This is one of the best books for all purpose. Like you can prepare for Preliminary as well as Main with this book. It is by Disha Publications.
It has over 800 pages and it can cost you around Rs 600/-.
2. Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal
This is the general book for all kinds of quantitative aptitude test. It is not specifically designed for IBPS PO exam but it is best for solving questions related to Quantitative Aptitude.
It could cost you around Rs 400/-
3. The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Examination – Arihant Publications
It is a complete package that will cover Preliminary exam as well as the Main exam. The cost of the book is around Rs 650/-.
The book is written by Anju Aggarwal and SC Gupta.
4. Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy by Kiran Publication
Really good book for objective computer knowledge and literacy by Kiran Publications. It would cost you around Rs 135.00.
The book has over 2000 objective questions.
5. Target IBPS PO by Disha Publications
The book comes with a CD and has over 340 pages. The book is very concise with 15 objective and descriptive tests.
The book could cost you around Rs 300.
6. Quantitative Aptitude Test for Bank PO by N K Singh by Upkar Publication
The book is cheap and it would cost you only Rs 200/-
The book includes last 10 years’ exam paper also.
7. English Language by Wren & Martin
This book has nothing to do with IBPS Bank PO however for questions related to English this is a great book.
Read it especially for improving your English.
8. Bank PO Solved papers for PO & MT – Kiran Publication
This book is also for MT along with PO jobs. The cost of the book is over Rs 600/- and it covers English also. There is another book for only solved papers for last 5 years.
9. M Tyra for IBPS PO by BSC Publication
This is a valuable book by BSC Publication.
10. General Awareness category – Mahindra Financial and Banking Awareness
This book is good for general awareness of banking, computers and current affairs. The book could cost you around Rs 150 or less.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
If you want to clear IBPS PO exam then you need to know about the exam pattern.
There are three rounds first are preliminary, second is Main and third is an interview.
IBPS PO Prelims
- English Language – 30 questions are asked for 30 marks.
- Quantitative Aptitude – 35 questions for 35 marks.
- Reasoning Ability – 35 questions for 35 marks.
The whole paper is for 100 marks and you have to finish in just 1 hour.
IBPS PO Main
- Reasoning – 50 questions for 50 marks.
- English language – 40 questions for 40 marks.
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 questions for 50 marks.
- General Awareness – 40 questions for 40 marks.
- Computer Knowledge – 29 questions for 20 marks.
The paper is for 200 marks and time allotted is 2 hours only.
One a candidate is through with Main you have to appear for an interview. You need to know about your subject as well as need to have great communication skills.
Note- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS recruits candidates for over 20 public sector and rural banks all over India.