Over the past 70 years, Indian advertising industry has seen some of the most iconic campaigns in the world of advertising. We still remember taglines like ‘Lifebuoy hai jahan tandurusti hai wahan’ (Wherever there is Lifebuoy, there is health) and ‘Jo biwi se kare pyar, woh Prestige se kaise kare inkaar’ (One who loves his wife cannot say no to Prestige) among others.
Advertising Industry still is among the fastest growing Industries in India. In advertising, a message is communicated to an audience via various forms of media, such as newspapers, magazines, radio, television, hoardings in public places, etc.
The corporate sector promotes products and services, whereas government sector mostly requires advertising of schemes and other important information. Click and read Express your Creativity with Advertising Management Program.
Best Advertising Colleges in India
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
Indian Institute of Mass Communication was established in 1965. IIMC began offering Advertising and PR course in the year 1981. The main objective of the advertising course offered at IIMC is “to provide basic and emerging concepts and principles in relation to better decision making in the areas of advertising and public relations”.
It takes admissions through its own IIMC Entrance Exam.
- Post-graduate diploma programmes in Advertising and Public Relations
- Courses for Indian Information Services
- Post-graduate diploma programmes in Radio and TV Journalism
- Diploma Course in Development Journalism
- Post-graduate diploma programmes in Journalism (Hindi)
- Diploma Course in Urdu Journalism
- Post-graduate diploma programmes in Journalism (Odia)
- Short Courses
- Post-graduate diploma programmes in Journalism (English)
Formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, MICA was established in 1991. It is a renowned management institution for Strategic Marketing and Communication Skills. MICA provides AICTE approved PGDM-C, which is equivalent to an MBA. It also offers MBA specializations in Advertising Management, Brand Management, Media Management, Marketing Research, Digital Communication Management etc.
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Advertising Management and Public Relations-(PGCPAMPR)- Online
- Certificate Programme in Digital Marketing
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Market Research and Data Analytics (PGCPMRDA)- Online
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Retail Management (PGCPRM)- Online
- Fellow Programme in Management – Communications (FPM-C)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Communications) (PGDM-C)
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Crafting Creative Communications (CCC)
Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in graduation.
Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai
Xavier Institute of Communications Year was established in 1969. It is one of the largest private media institutes in Asia. It is affiliated to the Bombay St. Xavier’s College Society Trust. The Advertising and Marketing Communications course it offers comprises of application-based instructions to impart education. The course comprises 28 modules, seminars, and workshops (the costs of which are included in the tuition fee).
XIC Online Entrance Test
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Public Relations and Corporate Communication
- Advanced Integrated Communication Programme
- Communication for Development
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Mass Communication Marathi
- Film, Television and Digital Video Production
- Announcing, Broadcasting, Compering, Dubbing and E-Book Narration (ABCDE)
- Creative Writing conducted by Himali Kothari
- Creative Writing conducted by Renu Balakrishnan
- Radio Jockey
- DJ/EMP Course
- Media & Visual Arts Connect
- Public Speaking and Personality Enhancement
- Extension Programmes
- Announcing, Broadcasting, Compering, Dubbing, E-Book Narration & Journalism in Marathi
The University of Mumbai was founded in 1865. It provides several programmes in advertising. Other programmes also include degree programs such as Master’s Degree in Arts (Communication and Journalism), Master’s Degree in Arts (Public Relations) and Master’s Degree in Arts (Electronic Media), wherein advertising is taught as a full-fledged subject. Mumbai University offers various other courses in a myriad of disciplines. View list of courses offered at Mumbai University here.
- MA Programme in Entertainment, Media, and Advertising
- Certificate in Advertising, Sales Promotion, and Sales Management
- One Year Part-Time Post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Media
St Xavier’s College, Kolkata
St Xavier’s College was established in 1860. Affiliated with Calcutta University, it offers a six month full-time certificate Programme in Advertising. The course focuses on various IMC tools used in contemporary marketing including advertising, direct marketing, Internet and interactive marketing, social media marketing, sales promotion, publicity and public relations.
- Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies
- Bachelor of Science Major Vocational: Mass Communication & Videography
- Bachelor in Multimedia and Animation
After completing a degree, diploma or a certificate course in advertising, one can go for an internship in a reputable ad agency. An internship can give a sense of how an advertising firm runs. It also instills confidence into a newcomer who otherwise feels nervous and needs some time while settling into a job role. It can also be a route for a fresher who want to establish his own ad firm.
Salaries of Advertising Industry in Delhi & Mumbai
If you’ll compare the salaries in Advertising Industry in major Metropolitan cities, Mumbai will always be on the best of the list, offering higher salary packages.
|Designation||Low Salary||High Salary||Low Salary||High Salary|
|Client Servicing Executive||222,000||300,000||225,000||300,000|
|Corporate communication executive||225,000||300,000||275,000||325,000|
|Direct Marketing Manager||200,000||375,000||200,000||375,000|
|Marketing Head/ VP||350,000||500,000||350,000||500,000|
|Online/Digital Marketing Head||250,000||375,000||250,000||375,000|
|Internal Marketing Manager||250,000||325,000||275,000||350,000|
|Public Relation Executive||150,000||200,000||200,000||250,000|
Note: All the salaries are in INR and are subject to change.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!