To begin with, the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani has started registrations for BITSAT 2019. Aspirants can access and submit the application form online at the official website till March 20, 2019.
Moreover, for the uninitiated, BITSAT is a Computer-based online entrance test for admissions to the technology programs. The Institute offers these programs at its campuses in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. Also, BITS Pilani is a premier Higher Education establishment offering degree programmes in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Pharmacy, Management, and Humanities.
|B.E.||In disciplines like Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics. Also, in Electronics and Communication, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mechanical, as well as in Manufacturing|
It’s important to realize that the candidate should have completed 10+2 examination from a recognized board. Also, he/she should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and should have adequate proficiency in English.
|In disciplines like Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Economics. Moreover, in Mathematics, Physics, and General Studies.|
Completed 10+2 examination from a recognized board having studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English.
- Candidates with PCM can also apply for the Pharmacy program.
- Also, Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2019 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2018 are eligible for BITSAT 2019.
- In case of multiple attempts to qualify class 12th or equivalent, only the latest performance will be considered, provided the same has been for all the subjects.
Important dates for BITSAT 2019 Application Process
|Firstly, the deadline for Online Application|
Till March 20, 2019 (5.00pm)
Secondly, the Opening of the Application Form Correction Window
|March 22 – 25, 2019|
|Then, the Allotment of Test Center|
March 27, 2019
Test Slot Booking Window
|March 28 – April 8, 2019|
|Availability of Hall Ticket|
April 12 – May 13, 2019
Finally, the Dates of the Scheduled Test
May 16 – May 26, 2019
It must be remembered that the application for BITSAT is a completely online process that can be accessed through the official website of BITS Pilani. Candidates will have to specify three test center options including the international center in Dubai.
The Application Fee for BITSAT 2019
Type of Candidates
|International Test Centre at Dubai (irrespective of gender)|
US$ 80 (INR 5600)
The non-refundable and non-transferable application fee for BITSAT can be paid using any of the following methods:
- Firstly, through PAYTM. Use promo code BITSAT to get assured cashback of INR 50 for this method.
- Secondly, payment through integrated Payment Gateway using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/ UPI/PAYTM Wallet & International Cards.
- Thirdly, via the offline payment at all ICICI Bank branches using e-challan downloaded from the official website.
Do’s and Don’ts
Some Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind while filling the BITSAT Application Form:
- Firstly, you will need to enter a valid email ID and Mobile number in the BITSAT Application Form. It must be remembered that all correspondence from BITS related to your application will be done via this registered Email/Mobile number.
- Secondly, keep scanned images of your recent, passport-size photograph and specimen signature ready to be uploaded in JPG/JPEG format. The file size of the photograph should be between 4KB to 50KB and that of specimen signature should be between 1KB to 30 KB.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on your browser. Further, ensure to close all browser windows after completion of the application process.
- Lastly, proceed to complete the application fee payment process immediately after filling the application form. Also, ensure to obtain prints of the filled in BITSAT application form along with the system generated application number for the records. It must be remembered that multiple applications by a single candidate will lead to rejection of the candidature.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!