As one of the largest service industries in India, the hospitality and hotel management sector of India is booming today. It is also the key growth driver and a significant source of foreign exchange earnings. Invest your career in this segment, and you will have secured a flourishing future for yourself. It is a very wide industry, which includes which includes Government tourism departments, Immigration and customs services, travel agencies, airlines, tour operators, hotels etc. and many other associated service industries such as airline catering or laundry services, Guides, Interpreters, Tourism promotion and sales etc. As such, there has been a surge in search of hospitality and hotel management courses and colleges in the recent past.
India is projected to be number one for growth globally in the wellness hospitality sector in the next five years, clocking over 20 per cent gains annually through 2017, according to an independent study. The advancement of this sector is sure to bring about a lot of development in the employment sector. Besides the careers mentioned above, there are a number of careers just a search away. The projected progress of the hotel management and hospitality sector is already opening doors for newer employment opportunities in India.
Here’s a foretaste into some of the top favourite hotel management & hospitality careers in India:
1. Hotel Management
On completion of this course, a student is eligible to work under a number of profiles like Administrative Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, Hospitality Law, Hospitality Marketing and Sales, Accommodation and Leisure Management etc.
- BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management
- DHM – Diploma in Hotel Management
- BHMCT – Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- DHMCT – Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- PGDHM – Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts in International Hospitality Studies
If your idea of satisfaction is plating a new exquisite dish and to see others relishing your new creation, then a chef is what you deserve to be. It takes a great skill set to master the art of professional cooking and become proficient in all aspects of food preparation. There are a number of courses available today for our chefs in the making:
- Three Years Bachelor’s Degree in Catering Technology & Culinary Arts
- Certification Course in Food Production
- Hotel Management Courses
Bottle flipping and juggling glasses are the highlights of this newly trending career. “Bartending, till recently was looked down as a career choice. But with the pub and cocktail culture picking up, bartenders are in demand and it is picking up as a career among the youth,” says Sandeep Verma, who runs a training institute for bartenders, in an interview with a reputed news agency website. Students can now opt from a number of courses that have been made available to them.
- Diploma in Bar Management and Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering
- Diploma in Bar Management
- Diploma in Bar Management
- Certification Course in Wines & Spirits (Inclusive of Barflairing & Bar Tricks)
- Certification Course in Bar flair
- Diploma in Bar Management & Culinary Arts
4. Event Managers
With Indian weddings getting bigger, a career in event management is a very lucrative option. It was confined to weddings earlier, but has now spread to baby showers, birthday parties, themed parties, corporate events and a lot more throughout the year. Initially taught as a part of a few courses, it has now emerged as a full- fledged course.
- Diploma in Event Management
- Graduate Diploma in Event Management
- Diploma in Media, Marketing and Event
- BBA in Event Management and PR
6. Food Stylist
It is said that you eat with your eyes; a beautiful dish will always sell itself no matter how the taste is. Big names like Shubhangi Dhaimade, Indranie Dasgupta and Madhu Menon in the industry have led to the popularity of food styling as a profession. Usually, these stylists are also food photographers, but you can choose to be either depending on your interest. Food styling is an element of design, a food stylist makes sure that irrespective of the taste the dish should look ravishing and exotic sitting on a plate. They also arrange for props to go with the dish so that a photographer captures an entire story and not just the dish.
- There are a few short term courses available in a few institutes, but Hotel Management students usually pursue a career in food styling. This is a profession which is more about passion than your degree.
India is projected to be number one for growth globally in the wellness tourism sector in the next five years, clocking over 20 per cent gains annually through 2017, according to a study conducted by SRI International. The advancement of this sector is sure to bring about a lot of development in the employment sector. Besides the careers mentioned above, there are a number of careers just a search away. The projected progress of the hospitality and tourism sector is already opening doors for newer employment opportunities in India.