CAT 2017 Admit Card – IIM Lucknow released the admit card of CAT 2017 on October 25. The downloading of the admit card began at 01.00 PM. Candidates who have successfully registered for the exam before the due date could download CAT 2017 admit card from their respective CAT 2017 login using their distinct User Id and password. Admit card was available on the official website of IIM CAT 2017, www.iimcat.ac.in. The candidates could download and print admits card till November 26, 2017, which was also the CAT 2017 exam date. The official link to download the admit card became non-operational thereafter.
No candidate receives the CAT 2017 admit card via post or email. They have to download it online only and paste their photograph on the printed copy. Details of allotted test centre along with other details and certain exam day guidelines are mentioned on the admit card. Candidates must ensure that all these details are correct and legibly printed on IIM CAT admit card 2017. It is important for all the test takers to carry the admit card along with a valid photo Id to the exam centre on the exam day for the purpose of verification. Candidates failing to furnish the CAT admit card on the date of exam will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
IIM CAT Admit Card 2017 Downloading Schedule
All the important events and dates related to release and downloading of CAT 2017 admit card and this management entrance test have been provided in the table below. Candidates taking this management entrance exam this year must adhere to this schedule in order to ensure that no important deadline is missed.
|1.||CAT 2017 Admit Card released on||October 25, 2017|
|2.||Last date to download IIM CAT 2017 Admit Card||November 26, 2017|
|3.||CAT 2017 Exam Date||November 26, 2017|
|4.||Announcement of CAT 2017 Result||5 January 2018|
Where to obtain IIM CAT 2017 Admit Card?
The candidates must note that the admit card to appear for CAT 2017 was only made available online. It could be downloaded from the official website of IIM CAT only. No email or hard copy of the admit card was sent to the exam takers, they had to obtain it in online mode only.
How to download CAT Admit Card 2017?
In general, for downloading the CAT admit card, the candidates are advised to use browsers such as Internet Explorer (Version 7 to 9), Mozilla (Version 14 to 28) or Google Chrome (Version 20 to 33).
Now, accessing and downloading the admit card of CAT 2017 was a very short and simple process. If the user interface remains the same, students planning to appear for CAT can follow the below-listed guidelines to obtain the online CAT admit card and download the same.
- To start off, CAT exam takers must visit the IIM CAT official website or for hassle-free access to the admit card, they can simply click on the link given on this page.
- On clicking this link, the candidates will be redirected to the login page. The login space for CAT 2017 will look like the one shown in the image below.
- Now here the candidates should enter their respective CAT User Id and password and click on “Login”.
- On successful login, the candidates will be able to view downloading link of admit card. Access the same and download your admit card. This file will now get saved on your computer systems in pdf format.
- Open this downloaded file in any pdf reader software and take a print out of it on an A4 size sheet.
- Also, do go through the details mentioned on your CAT admit card and ensure that these are correct and legibly printed.
Id’s to be carried with CAT Admit Card
Along with the CAT admit card, the examinees are required to carry one original (not photocopied or scanned) and valid (not expired) photo ID proof for verification purpose. It must be ensured that the images of photograph & signature should be legibly printed and visible on the ID card. Also, the name stated on it must match the name provided on the admit card and the ID should not be damaged or smudged.
The following can be presented as photo ID card along with CAT admit card –
- College ID
- Driving License
- Employer ID
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar Card
- Identification Affidavit
What all information is mentioned on CAT Admit Card?
Hall ticket of CAT furnishes the following details –
- User ID or Registration Number
- Date and day of the test
- Time of exam (slot)
- Reporting Time
- Details of test city and address of the allotted exam centre
- Photograph & Signature
- Space for affixing photograph as uploaded in the CAT Application Form 2017
- Space for signing in the presence of the Invigilator
- Category of candidate
- PwD/DA status
- Other brief instructions regarding code of conduct at the CAT exam centre
CAT Admit Card – Discrepancy in the details
The candidates must verify all the above-listed details as stated in the admit card and in case any error is noticed, the same must be brought to the notice of exam officials immediately for correction. Also, if you face any issues in downloading or printing the CAT Admit Card then you may contact the CAT Help Desk. The candidates can reach the help desk at the contact details given below –
- Contact Number: 1-800-266-0207 (Toll Free)
- Email: [email protected]
CAT Admit Card – Important Points
- It will not be sent via email or post to the candidates.
- The admit card will be considered as valid only if the images of the candidate’s photograph & signature will be legibly printed.
- It will be valid only for the test date and session as specified on it.
- No duplicate CAT admit card will be issued in any case. The candidates must keep the admit card safe with them.
- The candidate must not mutilate the admit card or change any entry, made therein after it has been authenticated by the authorities.
- It is advised to retain the admit card of CAT after the conduct of exam as it will be needed at various stages of IIM admission process.