NCERT books can be very good for conceptual clarity and are sufficient for obtaining a 95+ aggregate percentage in CBSE’s AISSCE (All India Senior School Certificate Examination conducted every year by the CBSE for class 12). But when it comes to fetching a good rank in IIT you need to take help from some competitive books.
There are some really good books available in the market that can give you a fair idea of what sort of questions come in JEE Mains, with their solutions as well.
For instance, HC Verma for Physics and G Tewani for Mathematics.
For chemistry, NCERT can be really helpful, only along with a question-bank for practice.
NCERT Book is only good for clearing your basic concepts. This will only help you to clear your 12th board exams.
But when it comes to JEE Mains and JEE Advanced Preparation, you need to take help from other reference books as well.
Below I have enlisted some section-wise books for your JEE Exam Preparation:
Best Books for Physics
- Concepts of Physica Vol I and II: H.C Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics (Halliday, Resnick & Walker)
Best Books for Physical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry (O.P. Tandon)
- Physical Chemistry (P.Bahadur)- For theory only
Best Books for Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry (O.P. Tandon)
- Organic Chemistry (Arihant Prakashan)
Best Books for Inorganic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry (Arihant Prakashan)
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry (J.D.Lee)
Best Books for Mathematics
- Maths XI & XII (R.D. Sharma)
- Higher Algebra (Hall Knight)
Best of Luck!
- Akshay Kothari answered 10 months ago