The most important part of choosing a subject for a lifetime is where lies your interest and passion. Choose a subject which triggers passion in you, rather than following the footsteps of your friends or following the opinions of the people, in case you are free to take your own decisions. Because in the end your decision is not bound to be constant, and you have to repent when you’ll find an artist or a researcher in you. To sum up, while choosing a career path you need to keep in mind your aptitude, interest, personality and other factors influencing it.
Careers in Non-Medical Stream
- Computer Application – If you are interested in computers and designing applications or software, you can pursue either a BCA or a . in Computer Application.
- Architecture – If designing or specifically designing buildings intrigues you, a good score in NATA/JEE can get you to the best colleges offering finest architecture courses. What about becoming an architect?
- Aviation – For those passionate about becoming a Pilot or an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. Here also the entrance decides which college you can and can’t choose.
- Defense Service – For students who want to defend their country, Indian Army or Navy is a great option.
- Merchant Navy – This is also a good career option for science students. You can get a . in Nautical Sciences or join directly with 12th if you want to make this your career.
- Allied Fields -Does research excites you? If yes, then you can pursue . in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Astronomy, Earth Sciences etc. It is a heaven for those passionate about research, development and academia.
- Engineering – If you want to be an engineer, you can get a degree in computer science, civil, mechanical, chemical etc.
Careers in Medical Stream
- Doctor – If you want to be trained and licensed to heal the sick, a medical doctor is an ultimate choice for you.
- Allied Medicine – Are you interested in Radiology, Ayurveda, Clinical Research, Optometry?
- Food and Agricultural Science -If you want to pursue a course inNutrition, Agronomy, Horticulture, Dairy Technology, Biotechnology, etc. Food and agricultural Science is for you.
- Life Sciences & Environment – The life sciences are the branches of science that involve the scientific study of living organisms. Here are some of the options for you:
- Biochemistry – study of the chemical reactions required for life to exist and function
- Biomedical research – study of health and disease
- Biophysics – study of biological processes by applying the theories and methods traditionally used in the physical sciences
- Biotechnology – study of the manipulation of living matter
- Botany – study of plants
- Ecology – study of the interactions of living organisms with one another and with the non-living elements of their environment
- Evolutionary biology – study of the origin and descent of species over time
- Evolutionary developmental biology – study of the evolution of development including its molecular control
- Genetics – study of genes and heredity.
- Marine biology – study of ocean ecosystems, plants, animals, and other living beings
- Microbiology – study of microscopic organisms (microorganisms) and their interactions with other living organisms
- Molecular biology – study of biology and biological functions at the molecular level, some cross over with biochemistry
- Neuroscience– study of the nervous system
- Physiology – study of the functioning of living organisms and the organs and parts of living organisms
- Zoology – study of animals, including classification, physiology, development, and behaviour.
This list is not exhaustive.