Myself Zuber and I m passionate about IAS right from the childhood. I have a very big dream of cracking this and want to reach to the greater heights so that I can do anything that I want to do in my life. So please anyone could kindly give me the details regarding the several things that I must do and preparations so please guide me about eligibility for IAS exam so that I will plan accordingly.
- Zuber asked 1 year ago
- last edited 11 months ago
so going through your doubt I got to know that you really have a very big target. here are the details:
- The candidate must hold a PASS BACHELOR’S degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University, under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination.
- All such candidates who qualify the Prelims examination must produce a proof of Pass Bachelor Degree to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination. This Degree has to be attached with their application for the Main Examinations.
- The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she have passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission. The criteria may apply to candidates having bachelor’s degree from any reputed foreign university for example Oxford, Cambridge, and Harvard etc.
- Candidates with professional and technical bachelor’s degrees that are recognised by the Government are also eligible to apply example MBBS, BE etc.
- Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However, they must submit a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination along with their Main Examination application. At the Interview stage they must produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) and all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.
You can achieve what you have dreamed for with hard work and practice. UPSC conducts civil services exam for the IRS, IAS and IPS and other administrative services. Eligibility criteria for UPSC exam is given below:
Candidate must have a graduation degree in any stream from recognized university.
- final year student can also apply for the exam, however they must have the valid documents of degree at the time of document verification.
- Age limit should be not less than 21 years and not greater than 32 years for general category while 5 years age relaxation is applicable for reserved category (SC/ST/PWD/OBC-NCL)
- Candidate should also check Nationality eligibility.
There are other top government job exams you can apply for. As govt. jobs attractive salary and good honorable work environment.
please let me know if you have more doubt.
Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India. Candidate must be a citizen of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan Candidate must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 to be settled permanently in India Candidate must be person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zaire, or Zambia with an intention of permanently settling in India Educational Qualification: Candidate applying for civil service exams is required to fulfill the following criteria: Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any of the recognised universities Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination. Such candidates have to produce proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Main Examination. Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government or its equivalent are also elgible to apply Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However, they must submit a certificate from the concerned University that they have passed the final professional medical examination. Age Limit : A candidate should be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years old as on August 01, 2017. The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable for the following candidates: 5 years – Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) 3 years – Other Backward Classes (OBC) 5 years – if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989. 3 years – Defence Services personnel 5 years – ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service as on 1st August, 2017 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs 10 years – Blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped persons Number of attempts: Restriction on the maximum number of attempts is effective since 1984: For General Candidates: 6 attempts. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates (SC/ST): No Limits. Other Backward Classes (OBC): 9 attempts.
Take Current Affair Quiz
- You can replace one subject with other depending on your reltive strength and weakness
- you can replace one material with other depenading on your coaching or background etc.
- you can follow this time table with slight modifications even if you are an old player.