To start with, a debate is an argument in a formal manner on a certain topic on which different arguments are put forward and the debate is usually concluded by a vote on a certain argument.
Here are some tips that would help you to write a good debate :
- Debates are usually held in teams so you should make sure in which position or sequence would you be speaking, or would you be opening the argument or not . In this way you can mentally prepare for your speech.
- Research the topic very well. Jot down all the pros and cons of the topic and be specific about what you have to say.Do this as a part of team work.
- Write an outline of the topic and point out the strongest aspects of each point.
- Always address the judges fellow team mates and audience with a formal salutation like a Good Morning/Good Afternoon etc.
- Introduce the topic clearly before proceeding.
- Introduction to your argument should be such that it draws attention. It can be a quote or statistical data or any relevant event.
- Back your argument with some strong points and be affirmative.
- Work on developing a strong conclusion . Conclude back to the same theme from which you started.
- Last but not the least, be confident and avoid stage fright.