SSC CGL is one of the most reputed examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. Combined Graduate Level examination is conducted to recruit various group B level gazetted as well as non gazetted officers to serve the civil duties in various central government departments and offices.
This is conducted annually throughout India and a huge amount of graduate candidates apply for this examination. Among which only a few are able to make their name on the final selection list. Thus the competition level of this examination is very high. A well planned preparation is required to crack this examination.
CGL examination is composed of three different level examinations. Level 1 is called tier 1 examination, level 2 is called tier 2 examination, level 3 is called tier 3 examination is a descriptive written examination of 100 marks containing essay/letter writing, Application/Story writing and finally for few of the posts a Computer Proficiency test or skill test will be taken.
Since the competition level of the examination is very high so you need some success tips and tricks so that you can learn more in very less time. You have to utilize your time perfectly and smartly. Few tricks that everyone follow during the preparation are:
Also checkout for the subject-wise SSC CGL Exam Preparation.
Select best books:
Though there are several books available in the market for CGL exam preparation but not all books are good to follow. So before buying any book you have to make a good research on that book and then you can buy. You can also buy these books online from Flipkart, Amazon, etc. These sites will provide you the best books for exam preparation.
Do course related activities:
In our daily life we do many activities which are not useful to us like playing games, listening music, etc. So try to do course related activities like playing quiz games, IQ games which helps us to develop our IQ and knowledge.
Test yourselves by solving previous year question paper, solving model test papers which helps you to identify the exam pattern as well as your knowledge.
Newspaper and magazines:
Newspapers like The Hindu, Indian Times will help you to improve your current affairs. Try to give at least 1 hour daily for reading newspapers and magazines and TV news channels.
Best of Luck!
- Kadamb Sachdeva answered 7 months ago
Tips and strategy
For any exam the key is practice and hard work, of course, and getting solutions within the stipulated time. So before doing anything.
- Get familiar with the exam pattern.
- Solve one mock test and analyze your performance. Keep one clock in front of you or alternatively set a timer. Note down the time you took to solve it.
- Solve online mock tests as they are updated regularly and there are previous years papers also to solve. This will give you a better idea about your preparation level for the computer-based test.
- After assessment, write down your strong areas along with the areas where you lack.
- You can also list out topics of your preparation and arrange them in order of your strength. This is how you can prioritize your preparation.
- Practice! Practice! Both for Quantitative Ability and Reasoning Ability section, the more you’ll practice, more time you’ll get for solving other sections.
- There is more emphasis on grammar so get familiar with basic rules of grammar, tenses, degrees and practice them regularly.
- For general knowledge section read newspaper regularly. Make a habit to watch national news. Any good yearbook will be sufficient for your static GK portion. All the best!
SSC CGL is one of the most competitive exams of India. Every year lakhs of graduate candidates appear for this test. The exam takes place in tiers – Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. The successful examinees of 1st tier can go for further tier. For clearing this test, the candidates must take the following Seven Golden points into considerations.
- First of all make sure that you are in the reach of proper SSC CGL Syllabus, Exam pattern and Practice Papers.
- Divide the syllabus as per your own time-zone.
- Follow your own rules strictly. Discipline plays an important rule here.
- Make sure you cover your prescribed syllabus as early as possible.
- Then switch to Practice Sets. Undertake Mock Tests on regular basis.
- Improve your timing, which is very important.
- Last but not the least, have faith in yourself.
SSC CGL exam is considered as one of the most famous exams in India because of the job profile, salary, and lucrative allowance. SSC CGL exam is conducted once in a year and any graduate can appear in the exam. This also makes the exam quite tough as the competition is very high.
SSC CGL exam is comprised of four different levels in which a candidate is tested on different parameters. Tier 1 & 2 are objective type question paper. Tier 3 is a descriptive exam in which you have to Essay/ Letter/Precis. Tier 4 is typing test in which you have to type the things in a particular time constraint.
Hence a candidate has to be very well prepared on all the front and give his/her best at each level to crack the exam.
Tips to crack SSC CGL:
- Refer some good SSC CGL books and study material. Solve them seriously.
- Give mock tests on the latest pattern and syllabus. Analyze them thoroughly. Give test in the same environment and process in which the main exam is to be conducted.
- Solve previous year papers to get the fair idea about the question level.
- Read newspaper and magazines daily for about 1-2 hours.
- Practice writing the essays and letter. Give it to any good teacher for checking.
- Practice things in computer help you in the typing test.
- Make a handbook of formulas and important concepts for the revision at the time of the exam.
All the best!!!