The JEE Main Exam Paper 1 is held in both online and offline modes. Both the modes have their own advantages and disadvantages.
JEE Mains exam offline
- Candidates feel more confident as they have been giving pen and paper based exams all their life.
- Marking the answers in OMR sheet can take more time than CBTs.
- One of the major disadvantages of JEE Mains exam offline is that once marked, it is impossible to change the answer. You have to be very careful while answering the questions.
JEE Mains exam online
- Candidates are given the option of marking questions for review. If you aren’t too sure about an answer, you may save that question for later and move on to the next one.
- It is very easy to change the answers. So if you mistakenly chose the wrong option or want to change your answer during revision, it can be done without any hassle.
- Marking the answers is easier in CBTs than in OMR sheets.
- Students are generally used to giving pen and paper based exams and so they may feel less confident in CBTs.
- The candidates are provided rough sheets for calculations. It is quite possible they may note down the wrong figures in a hurry and as a result, end up with the wrong answer. This may also happen in JEE Mains exam offline mode but the chances of making a mistake are higher in CBT.
- Technical glitches may also create a problem for candidates during CBTs.
Hope this helps. All the best.