Here are some of the major Benefits of Qualifying UGC NET:
1. After Qualifying National Eligibility Test(NET) a person becomes eligible to apply for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges located anywhere across India.
2. Qualifying NET also makes one eligible for Junior Research Fellowship or JRF(the maximum age limit to apply for a fellowship is 28 years.)
3. One may take the test only in the subject in which they have pursued their master’s degree program. For example, if one has done Masters in Commerce, he/she will have to take the test in Commerce and will be considered for the position of lecturer in the same discipline in Universities and Colleges of India after qualifying the test.
Why Is Teaching a Preferred Profession These Days?
- It has always been one of the most respected jobs, as it is known as the builder of the nation.
- A lecturer not only enjoys respect but an excellent Salary.
- The timings are comfortable.