A Bank PO or a Bank Probationary Officer is an assistant manager of scale I in a Bank. He is a Junior Manager of Grade I scale and hence called Scale I Officer. He is in Junior Management Grade-1 (JMG-Scale 1) Officer, often called as Scale 1 Officer or Asst. Manager.
After selection, the Probationary Officer goes through an intensive training program at Institute of Banking Management. The probation period of a PO may last for 2 years, which differs from bank to bank. This post is seen by the Banking candidates as the first step to enter the Banking Industry and serve as an Officer.
You’d also like to get valuable information about how to prepare for Bank Interviews.
Role of a Bank PO
- A POs are practically trained in various areas of accounting, billing Loans, investment, loan and advances etc. during his or her probation period to get acquainted with various working procedures of the Bank. This helps them in getting familiar with various working procedures of the bank.
- POs are required to handle the Bank customers, and handle customer complaints like discrepancies in accounts, rectification of undue charges are also handled by them. They guide customers about the banking facilities and products available to them, like issuing checkbooks, ATM cards, Demand Draft, etc.
- After they get acclimatized to the banks’ procedures and norms they are given more serious responsibilities such as planning, budgeting, loan processing, investment management etc.
You may also like to know about career opportunities in the Banking sector and the Value of JAIIB & CAIIB in Career Growth of Banking Professionals
Bank PO Eligibility
• A candidate must be 21-30 years of age to apply for Bank PO exam. The Age relaxation of 5 years is also given to candidates who belong SC (Scheduled Castes) and ST (Scheduled Tribes). The candidates belonging to OBC (Of Backward Caste) categories are given an age relaxation of 3 years, whereas the ex-servicemen and the candidates holding Jammu and Kashmir quota are also given an age relaxation of 5 years.
• A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of graduation from a designated University.
• A candidate must also not hold any criminal record. If found guilty, their candidature is likely to get canceled.
Get study material for Bank PO!
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!