Full Form of CAT
CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It’s the biggest and most popular entrance examination for MBA courses in India. This exam, conducted by IIMs, witnesses more than two lakh candidates every year. Over 20 IIMs and various other top management institutes across the country require CAT score for admissions.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or a professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in graduation. The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) categories need only 45% marks.
- Final year students are eligible to apply, such candidates will be allowed to join the program provisionally after providing their bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification certificate.
- There is no age bar to appear and register in CAT examination
CAT Registrations 2018
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|CAT 2018 Notification dated||July 28, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Registration start date||August 4, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Registration ends||September 20, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Admit card release date||October 25, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Exam date||November 25, 2018|
|CAT 2018 Result date||January 2019 second week|
CAT 2018 Application Fee
- Fees can be paid by credit card, debit card or net banking
- For General Category- 1,800 INR
- For SC/ST/ PWD- 1,000 INR
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
CAT 2018 exam is going to be a computer-based Test (CBT) of 3 hours duration.
- Total Questions: 100
- Max Marks 300
- Number of sections: 3
- Questions with negative marking (MCQs): 75
- Questions without negative marking (Non-MCQs): 25
- Score awarded for each correct answer: 3 marks
- Negative marking (Applicable for wrong answers in MCQs): -1 mark
|Section name||Total questions||Total MCQs (With negative marking)||Total Non-MCQs (Without negative marking)||Total maximum marks|
|VARC*||34||24 to 27||7 to 10||102|
|Quant*||34||23 to 27||7 to 11||102|
*VARC: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
*DILR: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
*Quant: Quantitative Ability
Full form of GMAT
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council for the admission in B-schools across India and abroad. NRI candidates interested in pursuing MBA/PGP/PGDM from Indian B-schools can also appear for GMAT. GMAT is a computer adaptive test, which means that the candidates will get one question at a time and depending on the accuracy of the previous answer, the difficulty level of the next question will be ascertained. The average score required by universities varies from 710- 600.
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
GMAT Important Dates
There are no specific dates for GMAT exams. Candidates can choose a date according to their convenience. However, they should keep in mind-
- The time gap between two GMAT exams- 16 days
- Number of GMAT attempts allowed in one year- 5 attempts
- Number of GMAT attempts in lifetime- 8 attempts
GMAT Registration Fee
- The application fee for GMAT 2018 is $250, which would roughly translate to 15,000-16,000 INR.
- If the candidates want to reschedule the test or change the center of exam they will be charged $60 extra
GMAT Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Question Type||Duration (minutes)|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1 Topic||Analysis of an argument||30|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||Multi-Source Reasoning, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis, Table Analysis||30|
|Quantitative||31||Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||62|
|Verbal||36||Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction||65|
|Total exam duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
The result is available after few hours of the test. If the candidate accepts the score, it will be sent to B-Schools. In case, the candidate declines it, the scores will not be visible to anyone.
Full Form of XAT
Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level aptitude test conducted by Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labor Relations Institute Jamshedpur. XAT scores are used by over 800 institutes for admissions to MBA, PGDM, and other management courses. XLRI Jamshedpur offers various programs like Business Management, Human Resource Management, Global Business Management and General Management Program.
- Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
- Final year students can also apply.
XAT 2018 Registrations
|Application date starts||Third week of August 2018|
|Application date ends||Fourth week of November 2018|
|Late application deadline||Second week of December 2018|
|Admit card detail||Fourth week of December 2018|
|XAT 2019 mock test release||First week of January 2019|
|XAT 2019 exam||First week of January 2019|
|XAT official answer key release||Last week of January 2019|
|XAT 2019 result||First week of February 2019|
XAT Application Fee
- The application fee for XAT 2019 is 1,650 INR (without late fee)
- The late application fee for XAT is 2,000 INR and 500 INR
- Payment Modes: Fees can be paid online (Credit/Debit cards, Net banking) or offline (Cash and Demand Draft in favor of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur from any bank)
XAT Exam Pattern
|Parts||Section||No. of questions||Duration|
|Part I||Verbal and logical ability||72||170 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation|
|Part II||GK||25||40 minutes|
|Essay Writing||1 Topic|
- Essay writing will be online with 200 words as the maximum limit for an essay.
- Each MCQ is followed by 5 answer questions
- The correct answer for each MCQ rewards 1 mark
- Maximum 3 marks rewarded for essay writing
- Negative marking of 0.25 for Part 1
- No negative marking for Part 2 (GK questions)
Full Form of CMAT
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level online test conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Around 1 lakh students take the CMAT exam for admissions in AICTE approved colleges and universities.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category).
- Final year students can also apply, provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria within the stipulated schedule.
- There is no age limit for applying for this exam.
CMAT Registrations and Fee
|Event||Approximate date in the below month(s)|
|Application date starts||October 2018|
|Application date ends||December 2018|
|Admit Card download||January 2019|
|Exam date||January- February 2019|
- The test fee for general and OBC candidates is 1,400 INR + bank charges, and for SC/ST/PD/Female candidates it is 700 INR + bank charges.
- Fee can be deposited by debit/credit cards, net banking or in cash at SBI bank
CMAT exam pattern
|Quantitative Technique & Data Interpretation||25||100|
Full Form of MAT
MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. It is conducted by All India Management Association(AIMA) for admission to MBA courses across the country. In 2003, the ministry of HRD approved MAT as a national level exam. The largest test of its kind, MAT opens doors of over 600 B-schools in India. The exam is held four times a year- February, May, September and December in both online and offline mode.
- Age is no bar if you are applying for MAT 2018
- The candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree or a professional degree e.g.CA/CS/ICWA.
- Students in the final year of their graduation can also apply.
Mat 2018 Registrations and Application Fee
AIMA has announced the dates of MAT May 2018 exams.
For PBT (Paper-based test) on 20th May 2018; Registration open until 14th May 2018
For CBT (Computer-based test) on 20th May 2018; Registration open until 12th May 2018
- Application fees for candidates applying online or offline for MAT 2018 is 1,550 INR. Candidates who wish to apply for both the online and the offline tests must pay 2,650 INR.
- The mode of payment can be via cash, a credit card, debit card or net banking.
MAT Exam Pattern
- Test Duration: 150 min
- No. of Questions: 200
- Max Marks: 200
- Negative marking: -0.25 for each wrong answer
- No. of sections: 4
|Sections||No. of Questions||Suggested time (in minutes)|
|Language & Comprehension||40||30|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and Global Requirement||40||15|
Full form of NMIMS
NMAT stands for NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) Management Aptitude Test. It is conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). In 2017, nearly 88 thousand students appeared for NMAT exam. This test opens the doors of renowned management institutes like NMIMS, SRM University, Alliance University, VIT University and ICFAI Business School.
- Anyone with recognized bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of minimum 50% can apply for NMIMS.
- Final year students can also apply, provided they fulfill the desired criteria for application within a stipulated time.
- Candidates should also check B-School Admission Criterion.
|Event||Starting date||Ending date|
|Registration||July 03, 2018||October 03, 2018|
|Scheduling||July 03, 2018||October 16, 2018|
|Late Registration||October 04,2018||October 14, 2018|
|Exam Delivery||October 04, 2018||December 17, 2018|
|Result||2nd week of January 2019|
|Last date of scorecard download||March 31, 2019|
NMIMS Registrations and Fee
- The registration fee for the exam is 1,900 INR + applicable taxes
- For late registrations, it increases to 2,000 INR + applicable taxes.
- The payment mode can be a credit card, debit card, American express cards, mobile wallets or net banking
NMIMS Exam Pattern
- It is an online based computer test
- Each section is individually timed and candidates must attempt these sections within the allotted time.
- There isn’t any negative marking in.
- Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark.
- You can take NMAT for NMIMS admissions, three times in a given admission cycle.
- The exam offers you the liberty to choose your test date, center and time.
|Section||Number of questions||Time (minutes)|
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!