GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Biotechnology– IIT Guwahati will shortly release the complete examination pattern for GATE 2018 Examination. The exam pattern of GATE Biotechnology 2018 gives complete details about marking scheme, question distribution, nature of the test paper along with other important details. Having an overview of the examination pattern in advance will help the aspirants to prepare well for the entrance exam in a better and organised way. GATE 2018 will be conducted by IIT Guwahati for 23 papers in online mode. The expected date of exam pattern release is August 2017. Check the details of GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Biotechnology here
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Biotechnology
The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs):
- MCQs will carry one or two marks each in all papers and sections. The questions will be objective in nature and each question will have four responses, out of which the aspirant has to mark the correct answer.
- 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer for one mark MCQ. Likewise, for two marks questions, the candidate will be penalised with 2/3 mark for every wrong response.
Numerical Answer Type (NAT):
- The NAT section will consist of questions carrying one or two marks each in all sections and papers. The candidates will have to answer in real number and make use of the virtual keypad to enter the answer. No choices will be given for these types of question.
- The answer entered by the candidate could be a number such as 10 (an integer only). The answer could be in decimal form also. Wherever required and possible the candidate should keep in mind that it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal.
- There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
For more information on GATE 2018 Exam Pattern, keep visiting EdugorillaCampus.com