GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Civil Engineering– The Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) is a computer-based all India entrance examination administered and conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) for admission to post-graduation/ Ph.D. courses in Engineering. GATE 2018 is to be conducted by IIT Guwahati on various dates of February 2018. Here check all the information of GATE Civil Exam Pattern 2018.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Civil Engineering
Given below are a few important points regarding the GATE (Civil) 2018 exam pattern:-
- It is a computer-based exam (online mode)
- The exam duration is three hours.
- The paper will consist of 65 questions carrying 100 marks.
- The question paper will be containing both multiple choice questions (MCQs) and numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- GATE (Civil) exam paper will consist of two parts – Part I is General Aptitude (GA) that is common for all the GATE papers and Part II will be based on Civil Engineering.
- Each candidate will be provided with a scribble pad for rough work.
- The General Aptitude will carry 10 questions carrying 15 marks.
- There is no negative marking for a wrong answer in numerical answer type questions.
- Negative marking will be only for MCQs.
|Subject Questions||Subject questions will carry 72% of total marks weightage|
|Engineering Mathematics||Engineering Mathematics will carry 13% of total marks weightage|
|General Aptitude||General Aptitude will have 15% of total marks weightage|
Civil Engineering will have questions from sub-branches including architectural engineering, coastal engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, geophysics, water resources engineering, materials engineering, quantity surveying, transportation engineering, atmospheric sciences, earth science, environmental engineering, forensic engineering, offshore engineering and others.
For more information on GATE 2018 Exam Pattern, keep visiting Edugorilla.com