GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Instrumentation– Instrumentation is a branch of engineering that deals with the study of developing, maintaining and designing large and small-scale electronic equipment used in various fields like Medical. GATE 2018 is scheduled to be conducted in February 2018 and is organized by IIT Guwahati this year.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for Instrumentation
Given below are a few important points regarding the GATE 2018 exam pattern:
- There are total 65 questions in the paper carrying 100 marks.
- The duration of the examination is three hours.
- Paper will be divided into two parts – Paper I and Paper II.
- The question paper will consist of both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- The paper is conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT-online mode).
- Sections including Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude carry 15% of the total marks each. Remaining 70% of the total marks are devoted to the instrumentation paper.
- For one mark MCQs, one-third mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- For two marks MCQs, two-third marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
- The part 1 of the paper is compulsory for all, which consists of Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude.
- Multiple-choice questions will carry 1 or 2 marks each. These questions are objective in nature and each will have a choice of four answers.
- Numerical Answer Type questions carry 1 or 2 marks each. For these questions, the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be given in this type.
For more information on GATE 2018 Exam Pattern, keep visiting Edugorilla.com