JEE Mains exam is the gateway for the country’s top engineering colleges such as IITs, NITs, CFTIs etc. If you are a JEE aspirant who wants to join any of these colleges you can start your preparation for it to get the good score in Mains. The JEE Mains exam has also become important as it is the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced.
Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the strategies to get the good marks in the toughest subject of the JEE Mains. Yes, you guessed it right. I’m talking about Physics. Have a look at the best books for IIT-JEE preparation.
Before we get started, let us get back to the JEE Mains syllabus and pattern, which is vast and difficult to prepare and has become important.
JEE Mains Physics Important Topics
Every subject has some important topics whose weightage is relatively more than other topics. Such topics in Physics are:
The most typical section in Physics which is totally a concept based topic. The more you practice, the more you can conquer it.
The only topic which has limited concepts and this is the most scoring topic in Physics.
Another favorite topic for the aspirant as this one is scoring as well.
The above topics constitute about 70% of the JEE Mains exam. You need to be good on all the above topics.
JEE Physics Preparation Tips
The JEE Mains preparation tips for Physics are the most important to score well. This can be done with the help of following tips.
- First and the fore most thing is the focus on the syllabus. If you are preparing without the syllabus, you are indirectly wasting your time by studying anything and everything.
- Before going for higher level problems, focus on the basic concepts and try to apply those in the questions as much as you can.
- After your basics are cleared move on to the intermediary questions. Start giving mock tests and try to attempt the basic and average questions.
- Analyze your mocks and try to find out the reasons for your mistakes. If there are mistakes due to your basics, study again and practice more.
- Practice daily around 30-40 Physics problems until you are confident enough to move on to the highest level of the questions.
- Refer book like HC Verma to build your concept and try to solve it thoroughly.
- Don’t mug up any question or concept. Just understand the approach and the process flow.
- In JEE, generally, they will ask you multi conceptual questions. So, practice them as much as possible.
The question which is common among the JEE aspirant is about how to attempt the JEE Mains question paper for Physics. The time constraint is what makes the exam tough and with subjects such as Chemistry and Mathematics, it is never easy to attempt all the questions.
The following paper attempting tricks for Physics will make you attempt the maximum number of questions:
- Have a quick overview of the paper and select all the easy questions.
- Read questions carefully and understand what is asked.
- Solve all the easy questions in the first round. Move on to the other ones in the next round once you have attempted all the easy questions.
- Remember to be selective with the questions. The quality and accuracy matters than quantity.
- Leave margins or gaps between rough work for each question and mark the question number against it.
- Don’t make random guesses for answers as it can fetch you negative marks.
- Don’t waste too much time on any question. Otherwise, you can miss some easy questions due to lack of time.
The above tips will be helpful for the Physics section and you will definitely score around 90 marks in Physics. Also to get good marks in Physics you need to learn all the important formulas.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!