The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL Recruitment Exam (Combined Graduate Level Exam) to select candidates for many posts. A graduate candidate in any discipline can take the exam. SSC CGL Tier 2 exam will be conducted on 10th-11th November 2017. Those who qualify in the SSC CGL Tier 1 is eligible for SSC CGL Tier 2.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier 2 is an objective type paper with following specifications:
- Paper 1: Quantitative Ability-100 questions
- Paper 2: English Language & Comprehension- 200 questions
- Paper 3: Statistics- 100 questions
- Paper 4: General studies (Finance & Economics)- 200 questions
All papers are of 200 marks. The time allotted for each paper is 2 hours.
Note: Paper 1 & 2 are compulsory for all the candidates. Paper 3 is for those who have applied for the post of Statistical Officer. Paper 4 is for those who have applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
In this exam, you need to prepare well for the individual subject in depth. The tips for SSC CGL tier 2 exam are given below:
- Always keep a copy of syllabus and paper pattern with you and prepare according to it. This will help you to keep the focus on the same topics that will be asked in the exam.
- Prepare a handbook for the important formulas and vocabulary words which will be helpful at the time of revision.
- Solve as many mock tests as you can and analyze them. Note down your mistakes and try to improve them in the next test.
- Solve Quantitative ability first by a good book so that your concepts are cleared. Then move on to the mock tests.
- Read newspapers and magazines daily to improve your reading speed and vocabulary. This will also help you in building your opinion and better viewpoint on different issues.
- Prepare few topics from each subject whose weightage is high. The topics such as Algebra, Geometry should be your priority in Quantitative Aptitude. In English, you can prepare for English comprehension, Cloze text, sentence correction.
- Always try to improve your score in mock tests. This will give you a confidence about your ongoing preparation.
- Don’t study anything new just before the day of the exam. Just relax and revise formulas and theorems from your handbook. Remember that you can do nothing now. Just focus on what you have studied till now.
- Be prepared with essential things such as Admit card, Photo Id, Pen, Pencil etc.
Prepare well for the Tier 2 as the marks will be considered while preparing merit list. If you have any query regarding the SSC CGL Tier 2 you can comment below.
Suggested Article :
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!