Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) can help you shape your career in the IT industry. Communication systems and information technology are the key components of any organization. Due to the expansion of information technology industry, there is a huge demand for BCA graduates in India and abroad. Students who don’t want to choose engineering after higher education can opt for BCA. The program covers all the basics of computer applications with a better knowledge of different computer languages like JAVA, PHP etc.
So, next step is to choose the best BCA college that could help you realize your aspiration. There are numerous colleges offering this program and to select the best BCA college, one must consider some factors like the qualification of faculty, the infrastructure of the institute, quality of education, placement record, etc.
Points to consider while choosing the best BCA institute
Before considering any BCA college in Kolkata, you need to think: Does the college suit your needs and meet your career goals? Other key considerations to think over include.
- Accreditation standards: You are going to spend your precious time, money and effort in earning a degree to compete in the global market, so make sure that the college and university you are choosing have proper accreditations. Accreditation implies that the higher education institution id certified by the appropriate agencies and the curriculum is on par with the national and international standards.
- Academic superiority: While looking for best BCA college in Kolkata see if the faculties are well experienced in their area of specialization? Are they attuned to the latest global trends of the industry? Will they provide industrial exposure to the students and hands – on experience in the course curriculum? One can easily gather this information by speaking to the institute’s alumni network and the employers.
- Placement opportunities: You are evaluating the institute not in terms of evaluating a professional degree but also for better placement opportunities. So, you must also evaluate the cold and hard facts about how many of the students have been placed by the college and what is their success rate. Top colleges have separate placement cell which takes care of all the placement related activities of the students.
When you are done with the above, now check for the best BCA college in Kolkata which will help you in making a successful career in information technology. Some of the best BCA colleges in Kolkata are:
- George College, Kolkata
- University of Engineering and Management, UEM Kolkata
- Gurunanak Institute of Technology
- Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management
- West Bengal University of Technology