These days almost every coaching is offering a scholarship to the meritorious students. Due to the continuous rise in the cost of education, higher education has become a challenge, especially for middle-class families. Hence, these scholarships are like a helping hand for many students. It is offered in the form of a fee waiver on their courses. IMS CAT Scholarship Test is a free test conducted by IMS every year across India.
If you are planning to pursue MBA then CAT Scholarship Test should be your first step. The test is conducted along the same lines as the actual CAT and will expose you to the real examination pattern. It will not only give you an idea about the level of MBA entrance exam but you may also get a fee waiver of up to 100% depending upon your performance. So, kickstart your MBA preparation with this CAT Scholarship Test and cut down the cost as well.
Details of IMS CAT Scholarship Test
- Format: The test is conducted in both offline and paper-based mode.
- Dates: Last test was conducted in September 2017. The dates for the upcoming test will be updated when the registration starts.
- Test Duration: 1 Hours
- Test Result: Results are declared on all India basis. Last exam results are out now.
- Marking: +3 for every correct answer and -1 for every incorrect answer. No deduction for unattempted questions.
- Scholarship: Every student who takes the scholarship test gets the fee waiver between 10% to 100%.
|All India ranking 1 to 10 with 100%ile||100% waiver|
|City topper (If not in AIR 1 to 10)||100% waiver|
|Scholarship Test Percentile||Engineers||Non-Engineers||SC / ST|
|99+%ile and higher||50%||50%||50%|
|Between 95 to 99+%ile||30%||50%||50%|
|Between 85 to 95+%ile||20%||30%||30%|
|Between 75 to 85%||15||20%||20%|
|Less than 75%ile||10%||10%||10%|
- Test Centres: Test is conducted in all the cities having IMS centers. Either it will be at the IMS center or at any of the colleges. Exact venue will be shared accordingly.
- Application Fee: Free.
- Syllabus & Pattern: Questions are based on:
- Quantitative Ability – 10 questions
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension – 10 questions
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – 10 questions
Procedure to apply
Students can register online at IMS website or visit the nearest center when registration starts.
- The test pattern will let you know the kind of preparation required.
- All India ranking will show you where you stand and how far you need to go.
- Every student taking the test will get ranking, percentile and also rewards.