Ministry of Human Resource and Development had released the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2017 list in which educational institutes of all the categories are placed. The NIRF 2017 was announced on 3rd April 2017. The NIRF was first introduced in 2016 for ranking the institutions based on various parameters. The parameters are set up by collecting data about the educational institutes through the Data Capturing Systems (DCS).
The Best engineering colleges in India that marked its position rank wise in the NIRF 2017 are:
- IIT, Madras
- IIT, Bombay
- IIT, Kharagpur
- IIT, Delhi
- IIT, Kanpur
- IIT, Roorkee
- IIT, Guwahati
- Anna University, Chennai
- Jadavpur University
- IIT Hyderabad
As per the reports, the ranking was released by 5 parameters-
- Graduation Outcomes
- Teaching, Learning and Resources
- Research and Professional Practices
- Outreach and Inclusivity
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore which offers one of the best education in post-graduation engineering in the entire country bagged the first position in the Best 100 university rankings. Last year also the first rank for Best engineering colleges was earned by IIT Madras followed by IIT Bombay and IIT Kharagpur, this time also all the three institutes maintained the same ranking as of the last year.
Some Best private engineering colleges that marked their place in the NIRF 2017 are:
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Thapar University
- Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA)
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
Some of the private institutions mentioned above are ranked even above some IIT’s and NIT’s like Vellore Institute of Technology, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, College of Engineering, Pune and much more.
Though college rankings are not everything it do help a lot to the undergraduate aspirants to select the best college and get cognized with the other good colleges that the students are not very well aware. Taking admission in right colleges paves the path for better future career growth.