Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management, Dr B.R Ambedkar University organised an International Seminar on the theme Heritage and Tourism: Public, Potential and Problems on April 16, 17, 18, 2012. On this gracious occasion, there were discussions about current trend and issues related to heritage and tourism. The participants were encouraged to explore the problems and possibilities of sustainability of tourist destinations. The seminar featured technical sessions, leaving plenty of time for in-depth discussion in an informal atmosphere.
• Society, Culture and Tourism
• Cultural Heritage a Wheel of Tourism.
• Customs and Traditions as a tool of Tourism.
• Ethical, Legal Issues in Heritage and Tourism
• Hosts and Guests: Whose Heritage and Nostalgia?
• Sustainable Community-based Heritage Tourism
• Living Heritage: Tourism in Minority Ethnic Communities
• Conservation or Development: Case Studies in Community Heritage through Tourism
• Marketing of Heritage Sites
• Disaster Management of Heritage sites.
• Architecture Heritage v/s Tourism.
• Prospectus of Heritage Tourism.
• A case study of Natural Heritage v/s Tourism.
• A study of Architectural Splendor of Heritage Sites to promote Tourism.
• Role of Heritage Performing Art in Promotion of tourism.
• Conservation & Preservation of Heritage Sites for Sustainable Tourism. Etc
April 16, 2012: Registration, inauguration, lunch, technical sessions, a cultural evening, followed by a buffet dinner.
April 17, 2012: Technical sessions, lunch and visit to Fatehpur Sikri and Light & Sound Show at Agra Fort followed by buffet dinner.
April 18, 2012: Valedictory session, sightseeing to Taj Mahal, Itmud-ud-Daula, Radha Soami Temple and Sikandra (Akbar’s Tomb) departure after lunch.
About Dr. B.R Ambedkar University, Agra
The foundation of Dr. B.R Ambedkar University (originally known as Agra University) was found on July 1, 2012. The University was renamed as Dr. B.R Ambedkar University in 1996. Now, University caters the need of seven districts of Agra. At present, the university has approx 200 affiliated colleges and 15 residential institutes spread out in its four residential campuses viz. Paliwal Park, Khandari Campus, Civil Lines Campus and Chhaleshar Campus. Furthermore, this university affiliates college of Homeopathy, extending all over the State of U.P.