Many Business schools across the world have set GRE score as a part of their criteria for the admission process to their management programs like MBA and other graduated business programs.
Indian School of Business, Hyderabad announced that it will admit students who took the GRE exam into its MBA program. With the acceptance of GRE scores at ISB, it will open the doors of opportunities for MBA aspirants. Earlier the programs such as ISB EEO, ISB PGP, and ISB YLP were open only for students taking the GMAT exam.
ISB is a premier destination for MBA aspirants and thus it is not difficult to understand why it started accepting GRE scores along with GMAT scores for admission like various other business schools across the world. Furthermore, accepting both GRE and GMAT scores will help the institution to attract more quality aspirants, since more students take the GRE exam than GMAT exam in India, for both its Hyderabad and Mohali campuses.
Students can opt for GRE because GMAT has a tricky Integrated reasoning section and the GMAT scores in Integrated Reasoning are considered a significant selection parameter by many organizations. Furthermore, GRE puts more focus on grammar than vocabulary. GRE is a section-adaptive test, unlike GMAT which is a computer-adaptive test.
The following business schools, universities, and institutions in India accept GRE scores for admission to some or all their MBA programs according to the Educational Testing Service (ETS):
- Aegis School of Business
- Aryans Business School
- Amrita School of Business
- Asia Graduate School of Business
- Bhakti Vedanta Institute
- Department of Education, Dharamshala
- Global School of Management
- IIKM Business School
- IIMT Gurgaon
- IIM, Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore (Doctoral program – FPM, EPGP, PGPEM, PGPPM)
- IIM Calcutta (Ph.D.)
- Indian School of Business
- Indian School of Business (PGP, YLP)
- Institute of Management Technology (MBA)
- International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore – IIIT-B
- International School of Management Excellence
- JECRC University
- Lovely Professional University
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur (MNIT)
- Myra School of Business, Mysore
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
- NIT Surathkal, Karnataka
- NIILM Centre for Management Studies
- NIIT University
- NIT Srinagar
- Panjab University
- Praxis Business School, Kolkata
- A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal
- TASMAC, Pune
- University of Bombay
- University of Delhi
- Varanasi College of Management Science
Apart from these MBA programs, there are several non-MBA programs that accept students with GRE scores. Here is a complete list of colleges and institutions that accept the GRE scores.