The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra conducts the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH CET) annually for admission to First Year of Full Time Post Graduate Degree Courses in Management (MBA/ MMS) in various institutes of Maharashtra. Consequently, the fate of thousands of ambitious young aspirants depends on this exam as the MAH CET MBA is a direct ticket to around 400 colleges in Maharashtra including JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, and K J Somaiya among others.
The candidates applying for MAH CET must fulfill one of the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with minimum three years or equivalent in any discipline awarded by any of the Universities recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) or,
- Secondly, the candidate should have appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s program in any discipline. Meanwhile, it will be quite relevant to mention here that these programs must be approved by any of the Universities recognized by the University Grants Commission or the Association of Indian Universities.
Mode of Test
MAH CET is a computer-based online entrance examination. This means that the candidates need to possess at least a working knowledge of computers to be able to deal with the paper easily.
Firstly, over 400 colleges in Maharashtra accept the MAH CET score. All Government of Maharashtra Management Education Institutes, Departments of Management Education of various Universities, University-managed Management Education Institutes and All Un-Aided Management Education Institutes covered as per the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutes (Regulation of Admission and Fees) Act, 2015, accept this score. Finally, some reputed names that consider MAH CET scores are:
|1. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
|2. Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
|3. Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education, Mumbai
ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
|5. Department of Management Sciences,
University of Pune
|6. Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development, Tathawade
|7. SIMSR, Mumbai
|8. CIMR, Mumbai
|9. N.J. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
|10. IES Management College and Research Centre, Mumbai
|11. MET Institute of Management
|12. Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Navi Mumbai
|13. XIMR, Mumbai
|14. VESIM, Mumbai
|15. ASM Pune
|16. Dr. D.Y. Patil Institute of Management and Research, Pune
The examination fees for taking the MAH CET exam is as follows:
- Firstly, for the Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates- Rs 1000
- Secondly, for the Candidates of Backward Class Categories (SC, ST, VJ, DT, NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC) and Persons with Disability- Rs 800
- Finally, for the candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only- Rs 800
Moreover, a candidate can pay the fees for MAH CET through the online system only by Internet Banking, Credit Card/ Debit Card, IMPS, Mobile Wallets, etc.
MAH CET Exam Pattern
Firstly, the candidates taking the MAH CET Exam are expected to answer 200 questions within 150 minutes. Secondly, the paper comprises four sections containing questions in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each question carries 1 mark and there is no negative marking for a wrong answer. The exam contains the following sections:
- Logical/ Abstract Reasoning- This section tests the speed and accuracy of the candidates, to assess the candidates’ ability skills such as how to interpret number sequences or the relationship questions based on verbal reasoning.
- Quantitative Aptitude- This section tests the candidates’ speed and accuracy with numbers, numerical calculations and the ability to understand various arithmetic problems involving percentages, ration and proportion, profit and loss and so on. The section also measures the candidates’ understanding of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, graphs, and charts.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension- This section tests the candidates’ language ability and comprehension through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms and so on.
MAH CET Marking Scheme and Time
|Number of Questions
|Mark per Question
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension
MAH CET Application Process
The candidates should carefully go through and understand the application process before filling up the MAH CET application form. The application process for MAH CET comprises the following steps:
Firstly, for filling up the MAH CET Application Form candidates need to register through a valid email address and mobile number. Subsequently, the DTE will mail the login credentials to the candidates. The candidates can then use these details to access the form.
- Candidates will be first required to enter their personal details such as,
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Secondly, the candidate can proceed to upload their scanned Photograph and Signature as per the given specifications.
- Once they do it, they will get access to other details of the Application Form such as,
- Basic Details- for example, Social Category, Physical Ability (if applicable), Region, Religion, Domicile, Exam Test Preference and so on.
- Personal Details-for example, Date of Birth, Gender, Marital Status, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Spouse Name, Address, and Bank Account Details. The candidates also have to enter their Bachelor’s Degree details.
- Fee Payment- Once the candidates have filled out the details and reviewed it, they can go ahead to make the payment of the application fees, i.e. Rs 1000 for General Category and Rs 800 for the Reserved Category.
MAH CET 2019 Schedule
|Firstly, the start of MAH CET Application Process
|Secondly, the deadline to apply for MAH CET 2019
|Thirdly, the date for the release of the Admit Card
|Then, the date for holding of the MAH CET 2019 Entrance Examination
|Then, the date for Result Declaration
|Then, the date for the Online Registration for MAH CET 2019 Counselling
|Lastly, the MAH CET Final Merit List
MAH CET Admit Card
From all the MAH CET entrance examination candidates, one expects to carry their admit cards when they go to write the test. The admit card is an important document containing
- Firstly, the candidate’s name
- Secondly, his/her date of birth
- Thirdly, his/her address
- Then, the roll number of the candidate
- Signature and Photograph of the candidate
- The date for the Test
- Then, the center of the test
- Next, the time of the test
- Then, the allotted seat no.
- Finally, the instructions for the candidates they need to follow during the exam
The candidates will be required to affix a recent recognizable photograph on the Admit Card, preferably the same as provided during the registration process. In addition to the Admit Card, the candidates must carry a copy of any one original photo identity proof.
MAH CET Results
After the exam, the MAH CET Result is released, which carries the candidates’ secured Rank, Scores and Percentiles.
MAH CET Cutoff
Following the announcement of the MAH CET Result, the MAH CET cutoff will be released. The cutoff is the minimum marks or percentile which candidates must secure in order to qualify for counseling rounds. On this basis, the candidates will be called on for counseling rounds.
MAH CET Counselling Process
Firstly, the DTE officials will conduct the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) to prepare the final merit list. For this purpose, the authorities will determine the candidates’ ranks according to their scores. Consequently, the institutes will release their cutoffs. Similarly, they will announce a final merit list for admission.
The MAH CET is a popular exam among students seeking admission into management institutes across Maharashtra. It offers students the chance to embark on their professional careers.
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!