National Institute of Design (NID) has invited applications for PhD courses. Interested and eligible candidates must submit their applications for PhD admissions by 31st March 2017.
Students need to clear the Design Research Test (DRT) in order to qualify for the next round, ie the interview round. PhD admissions at NID are conducted once every year.
NID PhD Admissions: Important Dates:
Last date to submit online applications
31st March 2017
Last date to submit printed application forms accompanied by demand drafts
7th April 2017
14th April 2017
26th April 2017
Interviews and presentations
28th to 30th April 2017
Final list of selected candidates
5th May 2017
Commencement of PhD Programme
17th August 2017
NID has released the official answer key for the NID DAT prelims 2017. NID has also released the answer keys for the entrance exam that was conducted on 8th January 2017 for the BDes, GDPD and MDes courses.
Candidates, who wish to secure admission in MDes and BDes courses, need to participate in the NID admission procedure of two stages. Firstly, candidates need to take the NID DAT (Prelims), a pen-paper test. Shortlisted candidates will then need to appear for the NID DAT (Mains) which consists of a studio test and an interview round.
The NID DAT (Prelims) consists of two sections which are Part A and Part B. The Part A of the exam has objective type questions and Part B has subjective type questions.
The prelims were conducted in the month of January 2017, and the results were declared on 28th February 2017. However, the mains are to be held from March 13th to 31st, 2017. The merit list for the same will be announced in the month of May 2017.
How to apply for NID Entrance Exam 2017?
- Interested candidates need to visit the official NID website and fill out the application form, online.
- Candidates will first need to create a login ID by providing their details like name, gender, contact details, date of birth, education qualification, nationality and category (if applicable for reservation).
- While filling in the contact details, candidates should make sure that they have access to the mobile number, e-mail id etc, for at least one year.
- Once the login details are filled up, the candidates will have to log into their NID admission account using the email id and DOB provided at the time of creating login ID.
- Once logged in, candidates can access and fill their NID entrance exam 2017 application form by filling up the following details:
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Place f Birth
- Current Address
- Exam Centre
- Education Qualification
- Work Experience
While applying for admissions at NID, and filling the application form, candidates have the choice to fill up to, two disciplines as per their interest. However, candidates must note that once the application fee payment has been made, no alterations can be made, thereafter.
Once the application form has been filled, candidates are then required to upload the required documents as mentioned.
The signature and photo need to be uploaded as per the below-mentioned dimensions:
The photograph needs to be in JPEG format, less than 100kb.
The signature needs to be in JPEG format, less than 100 kb.
Once the documents are uploaded as per the given instructions, the candidates then need to pay the NID Entrance Exam 2017, test fees. The test fee can be paid either online using a credit or debit card or offline via a Demand Draft.
Candidates must note that once the application fee is paid, no changes to the application can be made thereafter.
Once the application fee has been paid, candidates can take a print out of the application or save a PDF file and keep it handy for future references.