National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET)
The National Eligibility and Entrance Test, conveniently called as NEET UG, is an entrance exam for the undergraduate candidates aspiring to earn name and fame in the medical field. It is for the candidates, who wish to study the medical course (MBBS) and the dental course (BDS) of the graduate level. Moreover, NEET candidates can follow these courses in various government and private medical colleges and dental colleges, spread across the nation.
Presently, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts NEET UG. It is the medical entrance exam that, in 2013, replaced the earlier All India Pre Medical Test aka AIPMT and all the solely conducted medical exams of various states and private medical colleges. CBSE usually notifies for NEET UG in February, followed by conduction of the exam in May, declaration of results in June, and running of the counseling sessions in the months of June and July, every year.
A notable change regarding NEET UG 2019 is that, the body to conduct the exam of 2019 will be the National Testing Agency, instead of CBSE.
NEET UG 2019
Firstly, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting NEET for the first time. NTA will be organizing NEET to provide admissions to the aspiring candidates for the MBBS, BDS and Ayush courses, run by the different government and private medical colleges of India. Also, the candidates wishing to take admissions into the medical courses in foreign countries need to qualify the NEET UG 2019 exam. Then, for the candidates, to take the exam, the mode will be the paper and pen mode. We have described and produced all the details regarding NEET UG 2019 like general instructions, exam date, eligibility, application form, syllabus, exam pattern as they come, below.
NEET UG 2019 Important Dates
|November 01, 2018|
|Last date of registration||
December 7, 2018, till 11.50 PM
Last date for submission of application fee
|December 8, 2018, till 11.50 PM|
|Application correction window||
January 14 – 31, 2019
The release of admit card
|April 15, 2019|
|The date and time for holding NEET UG 2019||
May 5, 2019, from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
The release of official answer key
|Last week of May 2019|
|Declaration of results||
Till June 05, 2019
*Notably, the request of candidates selecting more than 1 exam-center/city/exam-date won’t be fulfilled by NTA. It can even debar such candidates, from the exam. Their whole exam can be canceled.*An advice to the candidates wishing to find the seats to take the exam according to their choices of place (exam-city/center) and time (exam-day). They must hurry as their seats will be reserved on the first-come-first-serve basis.
How is NEET UG 2019 Different from its Earlier Versions?
Except for the agency to hold the exam, there is no other change in the entire exam. Earlier, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) held NEET. Now, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct this examination.
Application Form of NEET UG 2019
After going through the instructions given in the Information Bulletin, NEET UG 2019 candidates must fill the application form. Details of NEET UG 2019 application form are being provided below:
- Firstly, for NEET UG 2019 February session, application forms will be open for the public from the 1st of October to the 10th of October 2018.
- Secondly, for NEET UG 2019 May session, application forms will be open for the public from the IInd week of March 2019.
- Thirdly, NEET UG 2019 application forms will be available for the candidates, in online mode only.
- Also, about uploading of necessary documents, NEET UG 2019 candidates need to upload the scanned images of their recent passport sized photograph and their signature.
- Then, post filing of the application form, the computer system will guide NEET UG 2019 candidates to a confirmation page. Therefore, candidates need to download it.
- Lastly, candidates strictly need not send the hard copy of the confirmation page, to the NEET UG 2019 authorities/board through post or by appearing personally.
NEET UG 2019 Application Fee
First, there are no changes regarding the amount and procedure for submitting the application fee. The details of the amount have been provided below. Moreover, for the mode of payment of the fee, it can be paid through the credit card/debit card/net banking (online mode). It can also be paid through the bank challans (offline mode).
Corrections in NEET UG 2019 Application Form
First, for the candidates who submit their online applications, there is still a chance to correct any error(s) left accidentally or mistakenly. Also, the fields for which the opportunity of one-time correction has been provided are the candidate’s Date of Birth, Code of the candidate’s state, Gender, Category, Disability Status, etc. Hence, follow these simple steps to make corrections in the filled in application form:
- Firstly, visit the Official Site of NEET UG 2019.
- Secondly, visit the “Candidates Login” link.
- Then, enter your password and registration number.
- Furthermore, follow it by clicking on the link for correction.
- Lastly, correct the filled in details in the application form.
- This is the first and the last opportunity for correcting mistakes. We advise the candidates to correct mistakes carefully, as no further opportunity for corrections will be provided.
We produce the important points regarding corrections in NEET UG 2019 application form, in short, as following:
- Firstly, the mode through which students can correct mistakes: Online
- Time from when the facility of corrections will be provided: in the 3rd week of March 2019 (subject to change)
- Moreover, regarding corrections/resubmissions of scanned copies of photographs, signature or documents, candidates will be informed through emails/SMS. Also, the same information will be given to the candidates through their login account.
- Then, regarding corrections in other fields, candidates can look and guide themselves by the list below:
- Date of birth
- Identification Identity
- The state code of eligibility
- The medium of the exam paper
- Disability status
- Examination Center
- Qualifying Examination Code & Percentage (%) of Marks Obtained in Class 12th
- Parents’ Names (names of Father & Mother both)
Corrections Regarding Scanned Images
First, to the candidates who have submitted the scanned images of passport-sized photos and signatures, the NEET UG 2019 authorities will inform by an email or an SMS. Also, the candidates need to submit (upload) these documents in a fixed duration of 3 days. Hence, NEET UG 2019 candidates will have to log into the application portal.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET UG 2019
Criteria of Age Limit
- Firstly, NEET UG 2019 candidates need to have completed the minimum required age of 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
- Secondly, candidates above 25 years (30 years for candidates of the SC, ST, OBC categories) need not apply for NEET UG, as this is the maximum limit of age for them. The criterion date for this age is May 07, 2019.
Criteria of Nationality
Firstly, the nationals that are eligible to apply- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), People of Indian Origin (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals.
Also, NEET UG 2019 candidates belonging to the state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), can apply for 15% All India Quota, on the basis of their self-declaration.
Criteria of Identity
- First, the Aadhar number is not essential but optional.
- Also, anyone from the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other legal Id number approved by the Government is workable for the candidates belonging to J&K, Assam, and Meghalaya.
- Similarly, NTA will demand the Passport number or the Aadhar number for NRI candidates.
- Lastly, NTA will need only passport number for the NEET UG 2019 candidates, belonging to the categories of PIO, OCI. Also, it will need only the passport number for foreign nationals.
Criteria Regarding Qualification#
|Qualifying Exam-Criteria for NEET UG 2019 candidates||A pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam with fixed pass %.|
|Criteria of Appearing Candidates||Students appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.|
|Subjects for NEET UG 2019 candidates||In the qualifying exam, students should have physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.|
|Percentage Criteria for NEET UG 2019 candidates||Minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates in the PCB group.|
# Different NEET UG 2019 candidates have different qualification codes. Hence, they must enter proper code suiting their qualification
Language and NEET UG 2019
- Firstly, languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu & Kannada will be the ones that candidates can opt for answering their Question Paper.
- Second, during the process of filling the form, NTA will provide a choice to fill the medium of question-paper.
- Third, the candidate can’t change his/her language once he/she has used this option by marking in the language of his/her choice.
- Also, the authorities will give the test booklet in English only, to the candidates, opting for the English language.
- Then, the authorities will give the Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English, to the candidates opting for the Hindi language.
- Also, authorities will give the Bilingual Test Booklet containing instructions and questions in their native language and English, to the candidates opting for vernacular languages.
- Lastly, in case of any ambiguity in the translation of any of the questions, NTA will consider its English version as the final one.
The medium of Question Papers and Exam Centers
|The medium of Question Paper||Exam Centers|
|English and Hindi Medium||All Examination Center Cities|
|English & Assamese||Examination Center Cities in Assam|
|English & Bengali||Examination Center Cities in West Bengal and Tripura|
|English & Gujarati||Examination Center Cities in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|English & Marathi||Examination Center Cities in Maharashtra|
|English & Tamil||Examination Center Cities in Tamil Nadu|
|English & Telugu||Examination Center Cities in Andhra Pradesh &
|English & Oriya||Examination Center Cities in Odisha|
|English & Kannada||Examination Center Cities in Karnataka|
|English & Urdu||All Examination Centre Cities|
NEET UG 2019 Reservation
Aspirants who look forward to being a doctor can take advantage of reservation conditions while getting admission in their dream college. Also, the NTA has laid the conditions in a way to benefit all sections of society. And, these conditions have been laid irrespective of the fact of a candidate’s social status. Hence, every college has to provide 85% seats to the native of that very state where the college is based. There is also a provision for a student wishing to take admission in his/her non-native state. The authorities will have to accommodate such a student in the 15% quota of the college. Also, there is a provision of reservation in each of the respective quotas of 85% and 15%. We produce the details as below:
|NEET UG 2019 Category||Reservation %|
|Scheduled Caste||15 %|
|Scheduled Tribe||7.5 %|
|Other Backward Caste (Non-creamy layer)||27 %|
Apart from the above-stated rules of reservation, the authorities have reserved 3% of seats for the physically-handicapped candidates. Also, this applies in all the above categories, on a horizontal basis. This reservation is for those candidates who have 50-70 % locomotor disability in the lower limb. NTA will consider the locomotor disability of 40-50%, in case the seats mentioned in the prior reservation (50-70% locomotor disability in the lower limb) remain vacant.
NEET UG 2019 Syllabus
The ambit of study for the candidates of NEET UG 2019 is provided by a detailed syllabus, as prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) that covers important disciplines like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Hence, we advise you to go through the EduGorilla section of the syllabus. This will help you find details of topics covered in these disciplines. For a quick study, we have produced the syllabus for you in short, as below:
- First, Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Moreover, Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Furthermore, Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Also, Electronic Devices, etc.
- First, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- In addition, Equilibrium
- p-Block Elements
- Also, Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Moreover, p-Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Phenols and Ethers
- Lastly, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Then, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Plant Physiology
- Also, Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Moreover, Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.
Preparative Study Material for NEET UG 2019
EduGorilla understands the pressures that candidates of NEET UG 2019 go through, in its preparation. Hence, to provide them the extra edge in scoring, EduGorilla has a vast reservoir of various study material in the forms of mock test papers, preparative notes, rehearse able question papers, and exercisable sample papers.
Admit Card for NEET UG 2019
NEET UG 2019 authorities will publish the admit card in the third week of April 2019. Also, the authorities will make it available in online mode only. Hence, the candidates need to download it from the official website. Moreover, they are expected to take a print out of the card and paste their recent passport-sized photo on the admit card in the place provided in it. Also, the candidates are not suggested to wait for the postal delivery of the admit card, or through any other medium.
It will be useful to tell the candidates that, while the candidates download the card, the authorities will send a pdf copy of the card to the candidates in their registered email Id. We strongly suggest the NEET UG 2019 candidates save this admit card/Hall ticket till the admission process of NEET UG 2019 completes. It will also be better to keep a few photocopies of this admit card with them, for any reference in the future.
Procedure to Download Admit Card/Hall Ticket
- First, go to the official website.
- Click on that link.
- Then, a new page will be opened on a computer screen.
- Now, fill your “Registration Number”, “Date of Birth” & “Security Pin”.
- After that, click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, check your admit card details.
- Download it
- Lastly, keep the printout of it for further proceedings.
Details Mentioned in The Hall Ticket/Admit Card of NEET UG 2019
We strongly suggest the candidates check for any errors in the hall ticket. In case they find any misinformation in it, they must contact the NEET UG 2019 authorities at once, through the contact numbers or email Id of the exam authorities. However, the candidates should make sure that the following details should be essentially present in the Hall ticket:
- First, the name of the Candidate
- Then, his/her roll number
- Followed by his/her father’s name
- Also, his/her category
- Date of Birth
- Moreover, the language of Question Paper
- Also, the name and address of the examination center allotted to the candidate
- Lastly, exam date & timing
Regarding Aadhar Card
First, Aadhar card is not compulsory to take NEET UG 2019 exam. But, NTA will require other Id proofs like voter-Id Card, Driving License or any other photograph-based Id card while applying.
Also, ration-card number, bank account number, passport number or valid Government-Id number can also work for the J&K, Assam and Meghalaya candidates.
Option to produce either Aadhar Card number or Passport number is there, for the NRI candidates.
Lastly, only the Passport number is valid for the PIO, OCI and Foreign nationals.
Examination Schedule of NEET UG 2019
The tentative examination schedule of NEET UG 2019 is as follows:
|Events on the Exam Day||Time/Details|
|Entry in the examination hall||7.30 AM to 9.30 AM|
|NEET UG 2019 Admit card checking process||9.30 AM to 9.45 AM|
|Distribution of test books||9.45 AM|
|Seal of the question booklet to be broken by the candidate||9.55 AM|
|The closing of entry in the examination hall||9.30 AM|
|Commencement of NEET UG 2019 exam||10.00 AM|
|Completion of NEET UG 2019 exam||01.00 PM|
|Use of Blue/Black Ball Point Pen only||The pen will be provided at the center for the writing of particulars on the Test Booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet.|
Exam Pattern of NEET UG 2019
Below, the details about NEET UG 2019 exam pattern are being provided:
May 05, 2019
Exam Mode: Pen and Paper.
Questions’ Types: Objective type questions in the exam.
Exam-Duration: The exam duration will be of three hours.
Number of Questions: A total of 180 questions will be asked.
Language: NEET UG 2019 candidates can take the exam in Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada languages.
Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, four marks will be given. Candidates must not dare to give more than 1 answer to each question as this will lead to them to negative marking.
Negative Marking: -1 marks will be provided for each incorrect answer.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
Exam Centers of NEET UG 2019
|STATE/UNION TERRITORY||CITY NAME||CITY CODE|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||901|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||911|
|Daman & Diu||Daman||912|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||927|
Availability of NEET UG 2019 Answer Key
First, the authorities will release the answer key of NEET UG 2019 by the online medium only, after a week of the exam. They will also release the candidates’ respective OMR responses through the online mode, only.
Also, as far as scrutiny of answers is concerned, the authorities provide this facility to the NEET UG 2019 candidates, on payment of Rs. 1000/- for each answer.
Result Declaration of NEET UG 2019 Exam
Most probably, the authorities will declare the result of NEET UG 2019 in the first week of June 2019. NEET UG 2019 candidates will need to check their results via the online mode. Moreover, the result will not be prepared category wise. Also, there won’t be any re-evaluation or re-checking of the answer sheets.
Rank List of NEET UG 2019 Exam
Under the guidance of DGHS, MCI, and DCI, the NEET UG 2019 authorities will prepare a merit list of the successful candidates. Furthermore, the authorities will formulate the merit list for the 15% All India Quota. Also, the NEET UG 2019 authorities will welcome the candidates for counseling according to their ranks/merits in the NEET UG 2019 Examination.
Cut-offs for NEET UG 2019
First, the authorities will publish cut-offs for NEET UG 2019 in the online medium only. Also, the candidates need to score the minimum cut-offs to qualify for the rounds of counseling.
Moreover, the authorities will publish cut offs accompanying the declaration of results.
Also, cut-offs will count on various factors like the number of candidates qualifying the exam, the number of successful candidates, category wise, level of difficulty of the exam, etc.
So, to make the candidates understand better, we present the cut off marks of NEET UG 2018 below:
NEET UG 2019 Expected Cut off
|Percentile Regarding Minimum Qualification|
Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||
Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||
Cut-offs for NEET 2018: Qualified Candidates as per Categories
|Categories||Percentile Regarding NEET 2018 Qualification||Qualifying Score for NEET 2018 (out of 720)||Number of Candidates Qualified
(Through NEET Cut off)
Counseling for NEET UG 2019
- First, the process of counseling for NEET UG 2019 most probably, will begin in the second week of June 2019.
- Also, to participate in counseling, eligible candidates will have to register themselves and fill their admission-preferences.
- Moreover, the counseling will be carried in the online mode.
- Also, the Medical Counseling Committee will supervise the counseling for 15% All India Quota. The committee is under the Director General of Health Services.
- Respective state governments will run counseling for the colleges falling under them, through their counseling authorities.
- Furthermore, the availability of seats is subject to the merits and categories of the candidates.
- Finally, on the allotment of seats, the NEET UG 2019 candidates need to report that allotted college within the time period told to them.
Well, students, this was an effort from us to help you in preparing you strongly with all the information that we could gather about NEET UG 2019. And there is not only this much to it. We shall keep on modifying this article as per the developments regarding NEET UG 2019 take place. For the time being, we wish you a good time with your life. Meet you again. Best of luck!
Suggested Article :
10 Tips for NEET EXAM | NEET MDS 2018 (Question Paper) | General Instruction for NEET Last 1 Month Time-Table for NEET | What is New NEET ? | AIIMS MBBS EXAM (Complete details)