NMAT 2017 – NMAT by GMAC is a national level MBA entrance exam conducted by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) for admission to well-known management colleges such as Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University and VIT University. NMAT 2017 is scheduled to be held from October 5 to December 18. The NMAT exam will be held across 44 cities in India and 44 International cities. GMAC to commence with NMAT registrations 2017 from July 4, which will end on October 3. Any graduate having 50% marks can apply for this test. NMAT by GMAC 2017 is a computer-based test of two hours duration. 120 questions from 3 sections will be asked in the test to judge the basic aptitude of the exam takers. Approx. 40,000 MBA aspirants appear for this entrance exam every year.
NMAT 2017 – Overview
Name of Exam
NMAT by GMAC
Commonly known as
Exam conducting body
GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council)
Admission to MBA Programmes
Level of Exam
Mode of Exam
NMAT Important Dates 2017
Candidates should keep the track of important dates of NMAT 2017 to ensure that they don’t miss any important event and deadline.
July 04, 2017
October 03, 2017
July 04, 2017
October 16, 2017
October 04, 2017
October 14, 2017
Registration – Retake
October 06, 2017
December 14, 2017
July 04, 2017
December 15, 2017
October 06, 2017
December 15, 2017
NMAT Exam 2017 will be conducted from
October 05, 2017
December 18, 2017
Final Announcement of Results
3rd week of January 2018
NMAT Eligibility Criteria 2017
Basic eligibility criteria to appear for NMAT by GMAC 2017 are as follows:
- The candidate should be a graduate with minimum 50 percent marks.
- Final year students of bachelors can also apply for NMAT subject to them fulfilling the NMAT by GMAC eligibility criteria at the time of admission
Apart from that, every participating institute has its own eligibility norms, which must be met by the candidates. In case they will fail to meet the NMAT 2017 eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified at the time of selection.
NMAT Application Form 2017
Registration process for NMAT 2017 will start from July 4. The NMAT 2017 application form will be available in online mode only. Candidates will have to apply on the official website of NMAT by GMAC. To register, they will have to fill their personal, education, work experience and other details in the NMAT by GMAC application form. Applicants must register and schedule the exam according to the schedule given in the above section of this article.
NMAT Registration 2017
- Click on “Register Now” in the Quick Links Section
- The new user will have to register by entering first, the last name, country, mobile number, email id and choose a password.
- Click on “Submit” button. An authentication email will be sent for the verification. Login to NMAT using Login ID and password
- Fill up the online registration form by entering personal information, contact details, educational and work experience, programme/school preference and NMAT Exam terms & conditions.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the “Schools Preference” section.
- Review the registration form
- Submit the form and complete the registration for NMAT exam 2017.
- For the successful registration, make the payment
NMAT Late Registration 2017
Test takers who will not be able to register for NMAT by GMAC 2017 during the registration window between July 4 to October 3, 2017 can apply for the exam during late registration window, which will be available from October 4 to October 14.
NMAT Payment Instruction 2017
- After submitting the registration form, click on the “Proceed with online payment”
- Once the payment will be done, the candidates will receive an email with his/her unique NMAT by GMAC 2017 Registration Number.
NMAT Registration Fee 2017
For NMAT by GMAC 2017 registration, candidates will have to pay a non-refundable fee of INR 1800. Up to 5 programmes/schools are included in this registration fee of NMAT 2017. If candidates want to apply for more than five (5) programmes/schools, a fee of INR 200 will be charged for each additional programme/school.
Check the amount of NMAT by GMAC application fee from the table below.
Test Registration (Early)
INR 1800 + applicable taxes
Test Registration (Late)
INR 2000 + applicable taxes
INR 1800 + applicable taxes
INR 1000 + applicable taxes
Additional Score Reports (beyond first five)
INR 200 / Score Report + applicable taxes
NMAT Admit Card 2017
Admit card of NMAT 2017 will be available in online mode only. Candidates can download their admit card after the completion of NMAT 2017 registration process. NMAT admit card 2017 will be available on the official website of NMAT by GMAC 2017. It must be noted that a hard copy of admit card will not be sent to anyone. Candidates will need to carry the printout of NMAT 2017 admit card on the day of exam, otherwise, they won’t be allowed to sit for the exam.
Along with admit card of NMAT 2017 exam, the candidate will be required to bring following things without which they will not be allowed to give the test:
- Confirmation email printout.
- One photocopy of the Photo ID for submission at the NMAT centre
- Any other document as advised by NMAT by GMAC for differently abled candidates
- One valid Photo ID and another signature ID
NMAT Exam Pattern 2017
NMAT by GMAC exam 2017 will be held in online mode. There will be multiple choice questions in NMAT exam and it will comprise of three sections:
- Language Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Logical Reasoning
For the better understanding of NMAT 2017 exam pattern, candidates can check the table given below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Allotted Time|
|Language Skills||32||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 minutes|
- Individual time is allotted for each section. Once the test taker completes a section, whether he/she chooses to move to the next section or if time runs out, they will not be able to return to that section.
- The test taker will be able to review the sections of the exam within the allotted section time.
NMAT Exam Centres 2017
NMAT Exam 2017 will be conducted at 44 test centres across India and at 4 international centres. Candidates can check the list of NMAT 2017 exam cities from the table below.
NMAT 2017 Exam Cities – Domestic
Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi
Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara
Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijayawada
Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong
NMAT 2017 Test Centres – International
The NMAT by GMAC 2017 will also be conducted at the following international locations:
NMAT Participating Institutes 2017
A lot of renowned Universities of the country grant management admission to candidates on the basis of NMAT score. We list below some of the top colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC 2017 scores:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad)
- VIT University, Vellore
- Amity University, Delhi-NCR
- SRM University, Chennai
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad
NMAT Result 2017
Result of NMAT 2017 is expected to be announced in the 3rd week of January 2018. GMAC will send an email to all the candidates regarding the announcement of NMAT by GMAC result 2017. To check the NMAT results 2017, candidates will have to login by using their registered email id and password. NMAT by GMAC scorecard will include the sectional marks and percentile of the candidate. These scores of the candidate will be sent to the five colleges chosen by the candidate. On the basis of the result, the candidate will be shortlisted for the further admission procedure.
NMAT Cutoff 2017
Cut-Off of NMAT by GMAC 2017 is the minimum marks set for the admission into various management programmes. Once the NMAT result, 2017 will be announced, all the colleges will determine and release the NMAT 2017 cutoff. Each participating college will declare separate cut-off for every category of candidates and courses. NMAT by GMAC 2017 cut-off will vary for each college and category of the candidates.
Admission to Colleges through NMAT 2017
Admission procedure and selection criteria through NMAT by GMAC 2017 will differ from college to college. On the basis of NMAT 2017 scores, the candidate will be shortlisted for further selection rounds. Candidates may have to appear for Group Discussion (GD) or Writing Ability Test (WAT) or Case Discussion (CD) and Personal Interview rounds. The finally selected candidates will be granted admission to offered post-graduate management courses.