05 October 2018 was the date for the concerned authorities of the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, to hold Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test aka OSSTET 2018. For this purpose, among a string of things, the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, registered the aspiring student-cum-future-teachers through the application process that began from September 10, 2018.
Therefore, as is with other states, to qualify OSSTET 2018 is legally needed for the above-mentioned aspirers to officially hold the position of a teacher in any of the secondary schools run by the government of Odisha via its Board of Secondary Education. Moreover, BSE Odisha holds OSSTET for one time every year. Furthermore, aspirers of the exam need to fill their application-cum-registration form via the online way only. To have every detail regarding OSSTET 2018, therefore, candidates are requested to read the following details.
Important Dates for OSSTET 2018
|Commencement of procedure for OSSTET 2018 online application||September 10, 2018|
|Last date of depositing payment for OSSTET 2018||September 18, 2018 (11:45 p.m.)|
|Last date for submission of OSSTET 2018 application||September 19, 2018 (11:59 p.m.)|
|Availability of OSSTET 2018 admit card||September 27, 2018 (Released)|
|Exam date of OSSTET 2018||October 5, 2018|
|Then, the date for availability of answer key for OSSTET 2018||October 26, 2018|
|Lastly, the date for result declaration for OSSTET 2018||To be announced|
Release of Answer Key for OSSTET 2018
The concerned authorities of the exam released the answer key for OSSTET 2018. Hence, going through the key, the aspirants can have an estimation for themselves, for the marks scored by them in the exam. Evidently, the OSSTET 2018 answer key contains the answers to the questions the candidates took in the exam. Viewing the answers printed on the answer key, the candidates can gain an idea for the success level of their attempted questions. The proper manner to look for the successful answers of theirs, firstly, the candidates need to enter the question paper code that was printed in the question paper they took in the exam day, for taking the exam. Following the correct filling of the question paper code, the candidates will find the correct options acting as the correct answers for the questions in their question paper.
Challenging the Answer Key of OSSTET 2018
The official answer key of OSSTET 2018 can also be challenged. For this purpose, the candidates can participate in the answer key challenge process from 12:00 p.m., from October 26, 2018. And, they can follow this activity till 11:45 p.m. on October 31, 2018. Moreover, the interested candidates can follow the process of OSSTET 2018 answer key challenge here.
OSSTET 2018 Admit Card
Firstly, the concerned authorities for OSSTET 2018 released the admit cards for the aspirants on September 27, 2018. Consequently, the candidates can download the admit card from the OSSTET 2018 website www.osstet.in. Only on downloading the admit card the candidates will be able to take the OSSTET 2018 exam. OSSTET 2018 candidates need to particularly verify the following details in their OSSTET 2018 Admit Card, before downloading and printing it.
- Firstly, the candidate’s name
- Secondly, the names of guardians/parents of the candidate
- Thirdly, the Date of Birth of the candidate
- Lastly, the date, time and venue of the examination
OSSTET 2018 Result
Though, the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha has not yet announced the results for OSSTET 2018. However, one expects to have them by the end of the period of one month from the date of holding of the exam. Anyhow, whenever the BSE Odisha will declare the results, candidates need to keep themselves ready with all the login credentials they will be needing to enter into the official website of OSSTET 2018, to know their results.
OSSTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility of Nationality
Candidates taking the OSSTET 2018, should essentially be:
- Firstly, the citizens of India
- And lastly, the residents of the state of Odisha
Moreover, the candidates from other states are not eligible to apply and take the exam
Educational Eligibility of the OSSTET 2018 Candidates
- Firstly, OSSTET 2018 candidates must be able to write and read in Odia.
- Secondly, the candidates must have qualified the Higher Secondary examination held the boards like CBSE/ ICSE or by the BSE Odisha. Simultaneously, Odia should be one of the subjects for such candidates during their H.Sc. level. This means they must have Odia as their First/ Second/ Third Language.
- Then, the applicants need to qualify their Class 12 examinations held by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha or by an equivalent national board like the CBSE or the ICSE. The applicants must have studied Odia as one of the subjects/languages in Class 12.
- The applicants must have qualified the exam of Odia in their Class 10 or the HSC level (Single Subject Examination) held by the BSE Odisha.
- Lastly, the aspirers of Hindi Teaching/ Classical Teaching (teachers teaching Urdu/ Telugu/ Sanskrit) must bear in mind a fact. These candidates should ensure that they have passed the Odia examination of 7th standard held by the BSE Odisha. This is the mandatory condition that they need to follow.
There are two kinds of categories of the aspiring teachers that will take OSSTET 2018- Category 1 and Category 2. Hence, professional and academic qualifications of both kinds of candidates are as follows:
Qualifications for the aspiring teachers of Category 1: The aspiring candidates should be TGTs (Trained Graduate Teachers) in the disciplines of sanskrit/Hindi/Urdu/Telugu/Science/Arts.
Qualifications for the aspiring teachers of Category 2: Qualifications as required for a PET (Physical Education Teacher)
OSSTET 2018 Eligibility Criteria as Per Subject/ Stream of the Candidates
|Candidates’ Subjects/ Streams||Eligibility Criteria for OSSTET 2018|
|Firstly, for the teachers of Physical Education (PETs)|
|Secondly, for the Classical Teacher for Telugu|
|Thirdly, for the Classical Teacher for Urdu|
|Then, for the Classical Teacher for Sanskrit|
|Then, for the Hindi Teacher|
|Then, for the Trained Graduate Teachers of Various Sciences –Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Zoology, Botany|
|Lastly, for the Trained Graduate Teachers of Various Arts and/or Commerce|
Applying Online for OSSTET 2018
The authorities have arranged for the only online mode of application for OSSTET 2018. Moreover, the website for applying online for OSSTET 2018 is www.osstet.in. Candidates must pay greater attention particularly towards proper filling of the following details in the online application form:
- Firstly, towards the personal details of the candidate
- Secondly, towards the details regarding the education of the candidate
- Thirdly, towards the details regarding eligibility (each kind of eligibility as mentioned above) of the candidate
- Finally, towards the declaration mentioned there in the application form
Besides, candidates will have to be careful about providing their correct and authentic details in the application form. If even mistakenly, candidates fill any wrong information about them in their application form and submit the application fee, the authorities of OSSTET 2018 will outrightly reject their application without even returning the fee. Hence, the candidates need to be extremely cautious in filling the application form.
OSSTET 2018 Application Fee
Firstly, the fee for applying online for OSSTET 2018 is Rs. 500 for the candidates belonging to the General category. Then, for those belonging to the reserved categories, it is Rs. 300. September 17, 2018, is the last date for submitting the application fee.
Procedure to Deposit the Application Fee Via Online Mode
Candidates will need to follow the below-mentioned procedure for submitting the fees for OSSTET 2018 via the online way:
- Firstly, the candidates need to register themselves on the OSSTET 2018 website of www.osstet.in with their E-mail and their mobile number.
- The internet enabled computer system will then generate an OTP and send it to the candidates’ mobile numbers.
- The candidates later will need to use this OTP and their E-mail IDs to log in and proceed further with the fee-submitting process.
- Now the candidates need to pay the OSSTET 2018 fee through any of the following methods:
- Firstly, the candidates having a credit/debit card/internet banking account of their own can pay the required amount (i.e. Rs. 500/- or Rs. 300/-) through them.
- Secondly, the candidates who don’t have such facility will first need to download and print the SBI E-challan form from OSSTET 2018 website and pay the fee amount in any branch of the State Bank of India, in their city. The aspiring OSSTET 2018 candidates will then obtain a DU reference number from the bank which they will need to enter into the OSSTET 2018 website and proceed further in the fee-submission process.
Finally, the completion of any one of the 4a) and 4b) procedures will finish candidates’ fee-submission process. The computer system will notify the candidates about the completion of this process itself as soon as they finish any one of the above-mentioned steps.
Documents needed when filling the OSSTET 2018 application form
Following is the list of essentially required documents for the candidates filling the OSSTET 2018 online application form the scanned copies of which they need to submit in the OSSTET 2018 website:
- Firstly, the certificates and mark sheets/scorecards of the candidates of their class X or XII
- Secondly, the UG/ B.Ed Certificates and mark sheets/scorecards of the candidates
- Thirdly, the caste certificates (Only for candidates of the reserved categories)
- Then, the certificates declaring the level and authenticity of candidates’ physical handicap (only if applicable)
- Then, the signatures of the candidates
- Finally, the passport sized photographs of the candidates
OSSTET 2018 Exam Pattern
Firstly, there are two divisions regarding the exam pattern of OSSTET 2018. It’s divided into paper 1 and paper 2. Secondly, the BSE Odisha holds the paper 1 of OSSTET 2018 for the candidates opting for the posts of TGT science, arts, language/classical teachers. Similarly, it holds paper 2 for the physical education teachers (PETs). For producing extreme clarity for the candidates for the pattern of the exam, we EduGorillas have formulated the below-produced tables for both the papers- paper 1 and paper 2:
Exam Pattern for OSSTET 2018 Paper – I:
|Stream||Section I (20 Marks)||Section II (20 Marks)||The Section III (60 Marks)||The Section IV (50 Marks)||Total Marks|
|TGT CBZ||Odia||English||Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation||150|
|TGT Science||Odia||English||Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation||150|
|TGT Arts||Odia||English||Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation||150|
|Hindi Teacher||Odia||English||Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation||150|
|Classical Teacher – Sanskrit||Odia||English||Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation||150|
|Classical Teacher – Urdu||Odia||English||Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation||150|
|Classical Teacher – Telugu||Odia||English||Child Development, Pedagogy, school Management & Evaluation||150|
Exam Pattern for OSSTET 2018 Paper – II:
|Stream||Section I (20 Marks)||Section II (20 Marks)||The Section III (60 Marks)||The Section IV (50 Marks)|
|Physical Education Teacher||Odia||English||Contents from the C.P Ed. Course||School Management & Evaluation, Child Development, Pedagogy|
OSSTET 2018 Syllabus
The aspiring candidates can view the detailed OSSTET 2018 syllabus here. The syllabus is indispensable for the candidates when even they think of making efforts for taking the OSSTET 2018 exam. Only a sound preparation will boost your chances of qualifying the exam.
Cut-Off Criteria for OSSTET 2018
Firstly, the cut-off % for the aspiring OSSTET 2018 candidates is 60%. Secondly, a relaxation has been provided to the candidates of the reserved category by allowing them to secure only 50% of the total marks, in OSSTET 2018.
Number of Permissible Attempts for OSSTET
The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, hasn’t put any restriction on the number of attempts that the takers of OSSTET can take. This clearly means that they can take the exam for as many times, as they wish.
The Utilitarian Value of OSSTET 2018 Certificate
The OSSTET 2018 certificate which will be provided to the successful candidates, is not a guarantee for the government job. The certificate is only an eligibility for the candidates clearing it. The number of posts of various TGTs/PRTs is subject to different circulars and orders of the Government of Odisha, from time to time. However, the certificate inarguably is of extreme value to the teachers opting for teaching in private schools and colleges or for teaching personally via their own tuition/coaching centers.
Validity of the OSSTET 2018 Certificate
As per the rules and regulations of the Government of Odisha, the validity of the OSSTET 2018 certificate shall remain as long as the candidates don’t achieve their permissible maximum age limit for joining the teaching services for the schools/colleges run by the State Government. The only condition that the OSSTET 2018 candidates must pay attention to is that this validity is subject to changes prescribed by the Odisha Government, from time to time. Hence, its validity depends on the decrees of the State Government from time to time.
Official Assistance for OSSTET 2018 Aspiring Candidates
The aspiring candidates of OSSTET 2018 can call +91 9078481763 for getting assisted for any of the problems they may face in the procedures of either the online registration or filling up of the online application form.
Furthermore, for solving problems regarding their eligibilities, syllabus of the exam, or the selection procedure, the OSSTET 2018 candidates can call for assistance at 0671-2415460 (Ext-308). Lastly, we shall inform you that the time for the officials of OSSTET 2018 to entertain any of the above-mentioned queries will be from 10 a.m. in the morning to 6 p.m. in the evening.