Panchkula, Chandigarh will get a new National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) campus by 2019. Till then the classes will take place at IT Park, Chandigarh. The foundation stone for the 17th NIFT campus has been laid at Panchkula, Chandigarh.
The new NIFT campus will be spread across an area of 10.45 acres and is expected to cost around Rs.100 crores. In the current academic year, admissions will be offered to around 230 students and 20% seats will be reserved for students possessing Haryana domicile.
NIFT will be offering six-degree courses to the interested and eligible candidates:
- Bachelor of Design (BDes), four-year duration (major in fashion design/ textile design)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFTech), four-year duration (major in apparel production)
- Master in Design (MDes) (two-year duration)
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM) (two-year duration)
- Certificate programme of one year and six-month duration as a part of the continuing programme
NIFT has centres in 16 Indian cities with its headquarters based in Delhi.