For the purposes of this Policy, accessing of the Website and the App together with any study material made available or uploaded therein or downloaded, embedded therefrom shall collectively be referred to as the “Services”. The Website and the App shall be collectively referred to as “the Platform”.
The influence of all the pointers mentioned in this page extend to other properties associated with EduGorilla, including Gibbon. Thereby, EduGorilla exercises hegemony over the property known as Gibbon.
What data do we gather?
EduGorilla gathers information in two formats as explained below.
- Data Shared Automatically
- Data Shared through User Approval
1. Data Shared Automatically
When you visit or interact with the Platform, apart from EduGorilla certain third-party advertisers and/or service providers may use technologies that automatically collect information about you for both transactional (e.g., confirmation of registration, notification of purchase made, etc.) and promotional (e.g., promotions, newsletters, etc.) purposes. Your information may be collected by EduGorilla or such third-party advertisers and/or service providers in the following ways:
- Log Files: Every time you visit the Platform, EduGorilla servers automatically receive and log information from your browser and device used to access the Platform (such as IP address, device ID, details of your network operator and type, your operating system, browser type, and version, CPU speed, and connection speed). This enables us to validate you as a User, to understand your usage of the Platform, and helps us to make changes and updates most suited to your needs and interests.
- Mobile Device: When you register your mobile device or use the mobile device to access the App, In addition to the aforesaid, EduGorilla will also collect device information such as mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer details, operating system, etc. for the purpose of improving the App’s overall functionality and displaying the content according to your preferences.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files placed on your device, used to keep track of information such as your interaction with social media websites, the content you click on, download, upload, or share, and other activity on the Platform, etc. in order to improve your experience of the Platform by personalizing it to your preferences and usage trends.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons are transparent graphic images used in our email communication to you, in order to understand customer behavior and improve the overall quality, functionality, and interactivity of the Platform.
- Mobile Analytics: Mobile analytics software is used by EduGorilla to better understand and customize the functionality of the App’s software on your phone. This is done by collecting information such as your frequency of the App’s usage, the features you prefer to use on the App, where the App was downloaded from, Device Id, name of other mobile applications on your device, etc.
- Public Forums: Any information that is disclosed by you in the comments section or by way of the “create a post” feature, becomes published information and EduGorilla shall not be held liable for the security of the same or any personal information that you disclose herein. You agree to exercise caution when disclosing any personal information or personally identifiable information in this regard.
- Please note that we only use the aforesaid information to communicate with and/or improve the Service and to better understand our users’ operating systems, for system administration, and to audit the use of the Service. We do not use any of the aforesaid data to identify the name, address or other personal details of any individual.
2. Data shared through user approval
This includes information as mentioned below, like,
- Profile Image
- User name
- Date of Birth
- Exam Preference
- E-mail ID
- Phone Number
- Language Preferences
- Activation Key (Purchased through third party E-commerce sites)
- Payment /Purchase Information (Payment Medium, Payment Service, other Payment related information).
How do we process information?
- When you use the Platform by way of registration, login, creation of a user account or creation of a post, purchase of a test series, attempting a mock test, etc. or by way of interaction via third party websites and/or mobile applications or by way of any other communication with the Platform, EduGorilla may collect your personally identifiable information including name, date of birth, gender, demographic information, photos, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, credit card or debit card details, geographic location, mailing address, social media account details including a list of contacts/friends and examination preference.
- By registering on the Platform, you agree and confirm your consent to providing EduGorilla your aforementioned personal information, which is lawful, necessary, and permissible. You at all times have the right to discontinue the use of the Platform. EduGorilla is not liable to provide you with its Services in the absence of or your refusal to provide the aforesaid information. Additionally, EduGorilla is not liable to ensure or maintain the same quality of its Services to you, as it may for a user who provides all the aforementioned information.
- Activation Key is a 10 digit number which can be purchased through EduGorilla’s various e-commerce outlets. This activation key is entered in the “Activation Key” option right beside the Login option on our website. On the mobile app the activation key can be entered in the Menu. Users having the activation key can access the mock tests on our portals. The activation key is kept confidential for all the users.
- Any information provided by you under EduGorilla’s “create a post” feature, comments, upvotes, or otherwise any information that you provide on the Platform is not personal information and shall become part of EduGorilla’s published content. EduGorilla may use the aforementioned information without your consent for purposes including but not limited to improving its products and services, developing new products and services, and sending you messages about promotions and offers.
- EduGorilla will be using the information provided by the user to send promotional/transactional/occasional offers via Call, SMS, WhatsApp, and Email. The shared details will also be used by EduGorilla’s Sales Person to contact the user through the aforementioned mediums.
Our Purposes behind processing your information?
- EduGorilla shares your personal information with third parties under limited circumstances. As per EduGorilla, such sharing is necessary to provide you with the services you agreed with or, that EduGorilla is legally bound to provide.
- As a strict policy, we will not disclose, share or exploit your information with anyone without your express permission.
- However, we may be mandated under law or under contracts to make certain limited disclosures under the following circumstances:
- Legal Necessity: EduGorilla may share any of the aforesaid information, including your personally identifiable information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information, without obtaining separate consent from you, if and when such information is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation of any criminal activity, or for prosecution and punishment of offenses.
- One example of such data sharing includes the user information we share with MoEngage, for various services that EduGorilla is legally bound to deliver and agreed upon by you.
- EduGorilla uses the information provided by you to enhance your experience on the platform. We may use the contact information provided by you to send notifications regarding new services/products/offers by EduGorilla and its partners that we concur you may find to be helpful. EduGorilla may also send you announcements related to our services from time to time through the general service operations.
- You may choose to opt-out of receiving such E-mails but EduGorilla reserves the right to send you notices regarding your account with EduGorilla, even if the E-mail notifications have been turned off from your end.
- All the “Data shared through user approval” for your Profile is displayed back at you and can be edited by you alone.
How you may request deletion of your personal information?
ALL INFORMATION THAT IS PROVIDED TO EDUGORILLA BY YOU IS ERASABLE. There may be a variety of ways you can delete your personal information from EduGorilla. You can remove all the information that you have voluntarily provided us through the following steps.
- Fill this attested Google form, to initiate the process of your information/profile deletion from EduGorilla.
- Fill it as per your preferences and specify to us all the information that you would like to erase from EduGorilla.
- Your request will be processed within a day and all the information specified by you will be permanently deleted from EduGorilla and all its extensions.
- Contact EduGorilla in case of any discrepancy, Email us at- [email protected]
Security of collected Information
- We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data that is transmitted to or from the Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.