Both the colleges are good enough to help you excel your career and land up in a respectful job. But going with the name, HBTI has been there since 1921 compared to Chandigarh University which started in 2012.
HBTI is oldest engineering college of Chemical Engineering in India. Chemical Engineering and Chemical technology is like back-bone of the college. Chemical engineering is not only best branch of HBTI but its chemical engineering can be compared to those of IITs. Being a government college HBTI has lesser Fees (tuition fee approx. 45,000) as compared to CU. Some of the branches over HBTI lack infrastructure but, the co-operative faculties , flexible environment and good placements balances it out.
On the other hand, CU is known for its Infrastructure, the amazing campus that backs it up. I have highlighted few of things that makes Chandigarh University stand out of rest:
- Courses aligned towards ICICI and IBM
- CU has collaborated with many MNCs and universities across the globe for research, training, infrastructure, semester exchange program etc.
- Recently CU is awarded by WCRC as ‘Asia’s Best University in 2014-15′
- Startup cell is really active and provides good opportunity to become an entrepreneur.
- Academic and Co-curricular activities are very well balanced resulting in overall development of student.
Apart from the above Chandigarh University has a tremendous Placement record. Most of the student are places with renowned and top MNC’s. This all has become possible only because they have a very strong placement cell which is dedicated towards:
- Organizing orientation programs, pre-placement training and company specific training and industry institute interaction programs.
- Conducting mock/stimulated exercises on regular basis such as aptitude, GD, technical and general interview skills.
- Google, Amazon, Flipkart, Dell and HP are among the top recruiters from CU.
At the end I would say, if you are someone who is really a big Chemical Engineering fan then HBTI is the place you should be, otherwise go for Chandigarh University.
Best of luck!