Architecture is the study of the construction and designing of buildings. It is a three year course.
Eligibility criteria for the diploma course is 10th pass. Admission to the diploma course is usually based on an entrance examination.
The course covers various areas of study like Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Construction, Graphics, Designing and other concerned subjects.
The total subjects to be covered is broadly divided into the following :
- Construction & Material-Part A
- Computer Application for Engineering
- Architectural Design-A (Basic Design)
- Applied Physics
- Applied Mechanics
- Applied Mathematics-I
- Applied Chemistry
- Workshop Practice
- Professional Communication
- Graphics Presentation & Art
- History of Architecture-A
- Town Planning
- Architectural Design-B
- Building Science
- Construction & Material-B
- Estimating, Costing & Spec.
- History of Architecture-B
- Management of accounts and Professional Practice
- Architectural Design-C
- Construction & Material-C
- Earthquake Engineering Construction
- Environmental Pollution & Control
You can also purse higher studies like Bachelor of Architecture, Bachelor of Engineering, etc. There are many institutions that offer this course and you can do a little research based on your needs.