There are many benefits of learning a foreign language:
- It boosts your mind.
- Multi tasking ability is developed
- Mind becomes keener and memory improves.
- Decision making ability improves.
- It makes a person more flexible and open to other culture.
- It expands career potentials.
- It builds self confidence.
Academic qualification and proficiency in foreign languages opens the gate for career in sectors such as tourism, embassies, diplomatic service, entertainment, public relations and mass communication, international organisations, publishing, interpretation and translation, etc. Additionally, various multinational corporate bodies require candidates possessing excellent language skills in French, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Portuguese, etc. Some new avenues such as online content writers, technical translators or decoders too have come up in a big way.