Gone were the times, when Engineering and Medical streams was only visible to students when they used to think and look around themselves! But times have changed. A student, if works smartly-hard, can be as successful at par with an IIT or AIIMS student!
Just see below, what (courses) can be taken up after you have chosen Commerce in 1st year of +2 along with(duration), (features):
- B. Com- 3 yrs- difficulty associated with this course is not too high, good variety of scope for further studies.
- B.B.A. -3 yrs – If M.B.A. also done after that, then higher demand. Or can be recruited after private/govt. companies directly after B.B.A.
- C.A. -To become a C.A., one has to successfully complete Chartered Accountancy course and become a member of ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India).- Looks to financial affairs of company.
- Integrated Law course- 5 yrs-It is a combination of General Graduation course and L.L.B.- one may take up job in any law firm at the beginning. Gradually, one may start up on one’s own private practice, start a consulting firm or even start an own law firm!
- Bachelor of Economics-3 yrs- Commerce stream students will find easier to pursue!
- C.S. (Company Secretary)- And to become a C.S., one has to appear for Company Secretaryship course and clear the exams associated with the course. ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) is the Institute that has been tasked by the Government to conduct the course as well as examination!
- Hotel Management -4 yrs course-Opportunities in Private and Public sectors
- Animation and Multimedia Courses-6 months to 3 yrs (depends upon intensiveness of course)-Job opportunities are available in ample amounts.
- Journalism and Mass communication Courses-1 to 3 yrs-Talking about job opportunities, one may get job in major media houses, both print as well as digital media.
- Event Management Courses- 1 to 3 yrs- You will get mastery over customized and general events!
- Fashion design and Technology-1 to 4 yrs-To thrive in this field, you need to have creativity as well as interest towards fashion and designing.
- Bachelor of Statistics- 3 yrs B.Stat.- B.Stat. program is suitable for those who are interested in mathematics and love playing around with data and numbers!
- Actuarial Science-(duration not sure)- For skill in risk-analysis in insurance and financial sector.
- C.M.A. – Certified Management Accountant
There are innumerable options (all excluding engineering, medicine and science related fields) To list out just a few, it could be Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary, Civil Services, various branches of military service, banking, investment banking, communications, visual arts, computer applications, travel and tourism, teaching, economics, etc etc