After qualifying both Tier 1 and Tier 2, the candidates should appear for the SSC CGL Tier 3 exam which is a descriptive test to evaluate your writing skills. The descriptive test will be a paper/pen-based test which also tests how you convey your opinions in a precise manner.
SSC CGL Tier 3-Important Things to Know
The following important things you should keep in mind:
- The SSC CGL Tier 3 is of 100 marks.
- Duration of the paper is 1 hour.
- The paper has one Essay writing and one precis/letter writing.
- The marks are included in the final merit list.
- You can choose to write either in Hindi or English but not in both.
The new pattern of SSC CGL Exam includes a descriptive test to test your writing skills. Therefore, the practice of writing is a must to ace this test. Since you have limited time to think and write, you need to practice a lot on developing the new ideas and proper manner to express them.
The following tips will help you in practicing the right way for the descriptive test.
Source of Preparation
Read newspaper and magazines daily to increase your thinking ability and developing new ideas. Reading also helps you in improving your vocabulary and writing. Some of the newspaper which you need to follow is The Hindu, The Indian Express etc.
Topics to be prepared
Read the articles on the wide range of topics including social and political topics such as:
- Social issues like unemployment, poverty, education, dowry system
- Finance & Economics issues like GST, Demonetization, GDP, RBI bi-monthly policy.
- The World politics issues like Brexit, North Korea sanctions, Refugian crisis, South China Sea.
- Environment issues like Pollution, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Science & Technology like Mangalyan Mission, Social Networking sites.
- Government Schemes like Jan Dhan Yojana, Give Up scheme, Smart cities programs.
Read some facts about the topics and try to mention them in the main exam. This will give a good impression to the examiner. Don’t learn facts deeply. Your focus should be only on the writing part.
Since you have only 60 minutes to write 2-3 questions, you need to give a certain amount of time to each question. Give precis writing around 15 minutes, another 15 for letter writing and remaining 30 minutes for essay writing.
Order of Attempt
Always attempt essay first because it requires a lot of thinking and proper planning in order to write a decent and impactful essay.
An effective presentation is must in the writing to leave a good impression on the reader. You should avoid cutting and overwriting. Make sure to write all the points in a specific order and in a very neat handwriting. If you do not have a good handwriting, make sure that whatever you write will be written in an understandable manner. Since you are writing a text, refrain yourself from making grammatical mistakes.
Suggested Article :
Leave your vote
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!