Are you a graduate now? So, what next? Finding a job? Of course, You certainly want to experiment with your skills, innovate and evolve. So how about a quick run through the competitive circus you will soon enjoy working in?
The employment sphere you want to dwell in is your forte and fondness towards the subject; However, if you happen to enter one of the below mentioned sectors, it’s quite certain, you will have a gamut of opportunities at your service. Currently, the largest employing sectors are:
|SECTOR||Expected annual growth by 2020||Current contribution to GDP|
|Finance & Banking||11%||6%|
The internet and allied services like E-commerce, M-commerce, search engines, social media, etc. sector have also carved its niche and is expected to be the crown soon.
You can take these statistics a little subtly if you do not belong to any of these sectors because not being listed doesn’t mean your choice of field is ignored. Umpteen number of jobs are available in every employment genre human mind could possibly think off. Do not believe me? You can verify with these top Indian job search engines and portals yourself because they have been finding jobs for common man for a long time now.
TOP 7 JOB PORTALS AND JOB SEARCH ENGINES
Inception: A job portal started by Sanjeev Bhikchandani in 1997 which connects recruiters and candidates.
Registration mechanism: You can register for free as a candidate using your email ID and Mobile number and verify the same. By becoming a Premium member you get additional benefits which increases your credibility and enhances your visibility on the portal.
- 1,00,000+ recruiters
- 20,000 companies and consultants
- Want to apply for multiple jobs? Obviously, you require a different profile presentation for different designations. Naukri.com lets you create 5 profiles at once
- Create job alerts for upto 5 designations
- Define your privacy level. Eg: block someone from viewing your profile
- Naukri Paycheck: Displays salary distribution based on the data obtained from 6 million verified anonymous users
Services: Naurkri.com is also appreciated for its combo sevice packages which includes services like
- Resume writing: Text and visual resumes
- Access to relevant material like resume samples, cover letters, etc.
- Boost visibility among recruiters
- Recruiter Connection – connect directly with recruiters from your domain
Major recruiters: Himalaya, Lodha, Kotak, CEAT, LG, Spencers, Biocon, Nokia, BlueDart, etc.
Inception: Founded in 2002 by Reid Hoffman to connect professionals on a single social networking platform.
Registration mechanism: Register using your email id and verify it to get completer access to its free services. Add your skills, jobs, summary, profile picture, etc. i.e., fill up as many details as you can. Connect to your known contacts.
- 106 million+ active users across 200+ countries
- Allows sending a personal message to someone you know or follow
- LinkedIn’s Premium account gives you access to multiple features like InMail saved jobs alerts, reach a professional you are looking for directly, etc.
Services: LinkedIn behaves like a social media platform and does not offer services like other job portals
Major Recruiters: Johnson & Johnson, Adobe Systems, VMware, Zoomcar, Limeroad.com, Star India, etc.
Inception: Started by the TOI group in 2004 and since has branched into multiple specialized recruitment services like Jobbuzz.com for company reviews and ratings; Techgig.com for IT related jobs, competitions, etc.; Stepahead.timesjobs.com for career assessment and enhancement services.
Registration Mechanism: You can register by simply filling in your details, your current job details and uploading your resume.
- It’s a free registration job portal
- 2,50,000+ jobs have been made available
- Filtered searching process by either job or location or company
- SMS alerts
They offer several services that can assist you in finding a suitable job like:
- Resume writing
- Boosting your reach among recruiters throughout India and Gulf countries
- Get referrals from 20,000+ people in 2500+ established companies
Major Recruiters: Healthify Me, Amazon, HP, HDFC Bank, Wipro, Matrimony.com, etc.
Inception: A career and recruitment resource operating in India since 2001.
Registration Mechanism: The registration form is itself your basic resume that recruiters and peers on Monster will see. You have a personalized dashboard and customized profile letting you save jobs and receive alerts.
- Apart from searching for jobs by location, skills and industry you can also apply for government jobs, startup jobs and international jobs
- A worldwide network of over 200 million active users in 40 countries around the globe.
- Can login through Google plus or LinkedIn
- Resume and Xpress resume
- Resume Highlighter
- Vskills Certification & AMCAT certification
- Expert Speak videos & research reports
- Psychometric tests and other career services
Major Recruiters: Infosys, Accenture, DTDC, Ciber, Datamatics, Genpact, TCS, etc.
Inception: A job search engine started in Ireland in 2004 and has spread to over 60 countries in over 28 languages.
Registration Mechanism: You can register by uploading your resume or creating your own resume or find resumes for free.
- Over 20 crore unique visitors every month
- You can either upload your own resume or create and resume on Indeed
- Sign up using facebook ID is also available
- As a recruiter, you can find resumes in different countries as well
Services: Unlike other portals, It offers no extra career related services catering strictly to the purpose of finding jobs and recruiting candidates.
Inception: A venture of Perspi Interactive Pvt Ltd established in 2005 to showcase your professional portfolio, interact and apply to companies across India.
Registration Mechanism: Employers and employees register separately through a simple although a long process comparatively as you are required to fill up your entire resume.
- Over 3,00,000 job offerings
- Get paid 50% of your resume value every time a recruiter views your profile and 10% every time your friend’s resume is viewed
- Instant SMS facility to email your resume to anyone on the network
- Updates you with the latest trends in the industry
- Resume writing – Textual and visual
- Profile making
Major Recruiters: Oracle, Capgemini, CavinKare, LIC, Cipla, Wipro, Fortis, Shaadi.com, Bigvacancy.com, etc.
Inception: Established in 2008 by HT Media Pvt Ltd
Registration Mechanism: You can either register as a recruiter or a candidate
- 1.9 crore candidate profiles
- 3,00,000 job vacancies and 14,000 recruiting companies
- You can apply for jobs by location, designation and industry, apart from which government and part-time jobs are also available
- Resume services – Indian and International resume writing for experience classified into 5 levels
- LinkedIn Profile writing
- Interview preparation course
- E-learning courses on HR, IT, Marketing, Operation and finance
Major Recruiters: IBM, Genpact, Cognizant, Radical Minds, Deloitte, TCS, Tangoe, Capgemini, etc..
PROS AND CONS OF REGISTERING ON JOB PORTALS
Guess what’s trending in our metros – ‘sarkari naukri’!!! As per the new KPMG and Google report the online job market is set to double by 2020 which is a celebrating news for online job businesses. In fact, Google also reports that job searches have doubled in tier-2 cities like Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, etc. I can foresee a time when interviews will also be conveniently conducted online and with the same efficiency. As reliability on online job search engines and portals increases, they also strive to enhance their credibility which works in favour of both candidates and recruiters.
Besides the multiple benefits the online job market offers, there are certain striking limitations as well. The possibility of finding bogus jobs is high which might leak your personal information to undesired people. There have also been rumours that some startup job portals are selling information which puts you at risk again; Nevertheless, established portals can be relied on.
In conclusion, before expressing any opinion on the job portals, I would like you to consider certain tips which would enhance credibility of your profile online and give you appreciating results:
- Why always complete your job profile?
- To get jobs specific to your requirements
- Many search engines use analysis patterns to filter candidate suggestions. A candidate with a complete profile is more probable of being suggested over others
- Updating details indicates that your resume is active
- Everybody is doing it, so it becomes essential for you to do it as well to be identified
- Why verify contact details?
- Recruiters hesitate to contact candidates with unverified contact details
- To be contacted by the right recruiter
- Not verified might mean not genuine
- Ensure your details are correct as recruiters will conduct a background check and navigate your employment history before employing you!
- Be patient. Premium subscription definitely gives you access to many exciting facilities, however, wait for a minimum duration of two months before you get there. Meanwhile, study the portal completely.
There are substantial reasons for enlisting top 7 job portals above, to help you find your dream job. These 7 job portals have not only been identified as credible but also have just enough experience which works equally well in favor of the candidates as well as the recruiters. They have simple registration mechanism; a standard creative window to upload your resume so that recruiters can easily assess candidates on their skills; contact and email verification to verify credentials and supporting help that amplifies your job prospects. Speaking from personal experience, some portals of the above also have a back-end team which contacts candidates when they have a suitable offer to make and set you up for the interview. Registering on all these portals would end up in a mess, however, registering on a maximum of 3 should help you remarkably.
Let me also warn you that relying only on your online resume might not be a fruitful action because resumes are ignored also. “Are you sure?” Yes, I am. A recruiter might not see as much potential in you as you do or you might not find a job as per your expectations. Utilize them as one of your strong tools to help you find a naukri!!! Online job portals certainly have their set of drawbacks, nevertheless, they have also made the whole cumbersome circus of recruitment a cakewalk for deserving candidates.