XAT 2018 – XLRI has commenced with XAT 2018 registration from August 16, 2017. The candidates interested in taking Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2018) can visit the official website, www.xatonline.in and apply for the test before the due date, November 30. Else, they can access the link given below to obtain and fill the online XAT 2018 application form. Graduates in any discipline or final year students meeting XAT eligibility norms 2018 can apply for this MBA entrance exam. XAT 2018 notification was released on August 14 and it revealed all the important dates and details of XLRI XAT exam. The only major change that has been made to XAT entrance exam this year is change in mode of exam. XAT 2018 will be conducted in online mode, where the candidates will be assigned a computer at the test centre instead of traditional OMR answer sheet for taking the exam. XAT 2018 exam date is January 7, 2018, and the exam will be held across 47 Indian cities and 2 International cities.
Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur has been conducting XAT on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) for over 60 years now. XLRI XAT is another most coveted management entrance exam of India after CAT, MAT and IIFT etc. Over 60000 MBA aspirants sit for XAT every year. Using the XAT 2018 score, candidates can take admission to MBA courses offered by XLRI, XAMI Member Institutes and other 150+ XAT Associate Institutes.
XAT 2018 – An Overview
The table below provides the gist of XAT 2018 exam which every aspirant must know.
|Name of Test||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Commonly known as||XAT|
|Conducted by||Xavier Labor Relations Institute or Xavier School of Management (XLRI) on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI)|
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||7 January 2018 (Sunday)|
|Exam type||National Level|
|Purpose of Test||Entrance Test for MBA admission to XLRI, XAMI Member Institutes and 150+ XAT Associate|
|Mode of Exam||Online – Computer Based Test (Mode changed for XAT 2018)|
|Types of Questions||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|Exam Pattern||XAT 2018 question paper will have 2 parts|
Part 1 – Questions from Verbal & logical ability, Decision making, Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
Part 2 – Questions from General Knowledge (GK) and 1 Essay Writing
|No. of Questions||Not Fixed (Expected – 103 and 1 Essay Writing)|
|Test Duration||3.5 hours (210 Minutes)|
|Negative Marking||Yes (-0.25 mark for every incorrect answer)|
|Exam Registration||Online only at XAT 2018 Official Website – www.xatonline.in|
|Application Fee||Rs. 1650 + Rs. 300 for each XLRI program|
|How to pay fee||Online – Credit/Debit Card, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Card, Mobile wallet|
Offline – Cash and Demand Draft (DD)
|Who can take XAT||Candidate with recognized Bachelor’s degree of 3 years or students completing final year exams by 10 June 2018|
|Last date to apply||30 November 2017|
Highlights of XAT 2018
- Mode of exam changed from offline to online. XAT 2018 will be a Computer Based Test (CBT). This year, XLRI has decided to follow the path of other management entrance exams by making XAT an online test and also save the hassle of checking the OMR answer sheets.
- With XAT 2018 exam mode now being online, the chances of releasing the XAT answer sheets and answer key has decreased. Like CAT being an online test, the answer key of the exam is not made available so the same is expected in the case of XAT too as it is no more a pen-paper test.
- A minor increase of Rs. 50 has been made to XAT 2018 application fee. This year the fee is Rs. 1650 for all categories and it was Rs. 1600 last year.
- Last year, the candidates had various options for logging in to XAT portal such as through their Facebook, Google Plus or XAT 2016 Id (if any). However, none of these options are available this year. XAT 2018 aspirants will have to create their respective login Id for accessing the application form.
XAT Important Dates 2018
All the important events and their corresponding XAT 2018 dates have been listed in the table below. Candidates must adhere to this XAT 2018 schedule in order to ensure that no deadline is missed.
|Event||XAT 2018 Dates|
|XAT 2018 Online Registration started on||16 August 2017|
|Last date to submit XAT 2018 Application Form and pay the fee||30 November 2017|
|Editing in XAT Application Form 2018||16 August to 30 November 2017|
|Release date of XAT 2018 Admit Card||20 December 2017|
|Last date for printing XAT 2018 Application||15 December 2017|
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||7 January 2018 (10.00 to 1.35 PM)|
|XAT 2018 Result to be declared by||31 January 2018|
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
XLRI provides certain eligibility norms which must be met by all the XAT 2018 aspirants. The candidates not meeting the same may get to appear for the test initially but they may get disqualified later at the stages of selection and admission. Therefore, all the candidates interested in taking XAT 2018 are advised to ensure fulfilment of the XAT 2018 eligibility criteria before applying for the test. The eligibility norms of Xavier Aptitude Test 2018 are as follow –
- Candidates of any age can apply for XLRI XAT 2018.
- The aspirant should be a graduate or should possess equivalent education in any discipline. The Bachelor’s degree must be of minimum 3 years and should have been obtained from a state or central recognized institute or University
- Candidates with less than 50% marks in graduation can also take XAT 2018.
- The students still in the final year of their graduation can also write XAT. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing their final exams to XLRI by June 10, 2018.
XAT 2018 Application Process
XAT 2018 Application Fee and its Payment
All the applicants will have to pay a non-refundable XAT 2018 application fee for submitting the application form. The amount of XAT exam fee has increased this year by Rs. 50 for all categories of candidates. Check the table below for details on XAT 2018 application fee amount.
|XAT Application Fee 2018 (For all categories)|
|Amount of XAT 2018 application fee||Rs. 1650||Rs. 300 per XLRI course|
|Amount of application fee (if paid late)||Rs. 2000||Rs. 500 per XLRI course|
How to pay XAT 2018 Registration Fee?
- Online Payment – Through Credit/Debit Card, IMPS, Internet Banking, Cash Card, Mobile Wallet.
- Offline Payment – Through Cash and Demand Draft (can be prepared from any bank in favour of “XLRI Jamshedpur” payable at Jamshedpur).
XAT Application Form 2018
Registration for XAT 2018 exam can be processed in online mode only. XAT 2018 application form has been released by XLRI on August 16, 2017. The form is available on the XAT 2018 official website and also a link to apply for the exam has been provided here on this page. The candidates interested in taking up the test this year must apply for the same till November 30, 2017 to avoid the payment of late fee.
Before registering for Xavier Aptitude Test 2018, all the candidates must take care of the following –
- Only one XAT application form 2018 must be submitted for writing the test and taking admission to programs offered by XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes.
- Read the instructions carefully before commencing with the XAT 2018 application form filling.
- Candidates making the payment through cash or DD must update the payment details in the application form; else they will not be able to upload the photograph & signature in the form.
XAT 2018 application procedure comprises of the following simple steps –
- Create XAT 2018 login Id and password by filling details such as Name, Mobile Number, Email Id and a Security Code. Fill these details correctly as these cannot be modified later on. Save and proceed further to generate the login credentials.
- An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional XAT 2018 Id and Password will be sent to the candidates on submission of valid details. Using these details, login as “already registered candidates” and access the XAT application form 2018.
- Now, in the XAT 2018 application form, upload your photograph and signature in the specified format and size.
- Then, fill details such Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Category, Phone Number, Mailing Address, Permanent Address, Educational Qualifications etc.
- Also, the candidates will have to enter their work experience details, choose the XAT 2018 test centre and provide XLRI program details.
- Lastly, pay the XAT 2018 registration fee using any of the available payment modes as mentioned above and take a print-out of the confirmation page.
XAT Exam Cities 2018
XAT 2018 will be held across 47 Indian cities and 2 International cities. Multiple XAT 2018 exam centres will be set up by XLRI in each of these test cities for accommodating thousands of exam takers. While registering for XAT exam 2018, the candidates will have to fill an exam city in the application form from where they would like to appear for the test.
The details of the allotted XAT 2018 exam centre will be provided in the admit card.
To give an idea to the candidates, few of the XAT test cities have been listed here below. However, to obtain the complete list of the test cities, click on the caption-head.
XAT Admit Card 2018
The candidates who will get themselves registered before the due date will only be issued the admit card. XLRI will release the XAT 2018 Admit Card on December 20, 2017. It will be available only in online mode and a link to download the same will be provided in this article with its release. The print out of the downloaded XAT hall ticket must be carried to the test centre for getting entry and permission to take the test.
- The admit card will not be sent individually to any of the candidates through post or email.
- No candidate will be permitted to write the test if they will fail to furnish a valid XAT admit card 2018.
- The candidates are advised to carry a valid photo ID along with the admit card for the purpose of verification.
XAT Exam Pattern 2018
The majority of the management entrance tests are computer-administered test and this year, XLRI has also decided to walk on the same path. Mode of conducting XAT 2018 has changed from offline to online. It will be a computer-based test this year. The question paper will be divided into 2 sections, where objective type questions will be asked in the first section and one essay writing & questions on General Knowledge will be asked in the second section. It is important for the XAT 2018 aspirants to have clarity of the test pattern as this will give them an idea about the number of questions asked and from which section, kind of questions, duration and more.
The XAT exam pattern keeps on changing every year. The candidates can check the table to have an idea of the expected XAT 2018 exam pattern. This table has been prepared as per the last year’s pattern.
|XAT Exam Pattern 2018|
|Number of sections||Name of sections||Number of questions||Marks for each section||Duration||Difficulty Level|
|Section 1||Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26||170 minutes||Tough|
|Section 2||Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning||23||23||Moderate|
|Section 3||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||29||29||Moderate to tough|
|Total||78 questions||78 marks||170 minutes|
|General Knowledge||25||25||35 minutes||Moderate to tough|
|Essay writing||1 essay||Moderate|
|Total duration of the exam||210 minutes|
XAT Marking Scheme 2018
Negative marking is not applicable for GK and essay writing. Last year, it was mandatory to answer 13 questions. In case the candidates failed to answer this much questions, then negative marking of 0.05 marks for each question was applied.
- For marking every correct answer – 1 mark will be given
- Forgiving incorrect answer – 0.25 marks will be deducted
XAT Syllabus 2018
After having an understanding of the exam pattern, the second important thing is to know the syllabus of the test. XLRI does not release the XAT syllabus officially but knowing the same is important for the aspirants. An idea of the syllabus will provide the candidates with a list of the topics they are required to prepare from all the 3 sections.
Based on the past year’s trend, we have compiled the list of topics which must be studied for XAT 2018. The candidates can click on the caption-head to know the detailed syllabus. After covering the syllabus, the candidates are advised to practice XAT previous year question papers and sample papers to achieve best level of preparation.
XAT Answer Key 2018
Till last year, XLRI has been releasing the official answer key and XAT question paper along with its explanation. However, this year, the chances of releasing the XAT 2018 answer key are very less as the exam has been made online. Procuring the answer key for a computer-based test is difficult, though the answer key for online test is released for some of the renowned entrance exams in India. The chances of getting the XAT answer key are negligible but XLRI might release the keys. The XAT 2018 answer key will be published online in pdf format, on the official website of XLRI XAT. With the help of the answer key, the candidates will be able to estimate their XAT 2018 score and percentile by comparing the answers given in the keys with their attempted answers. Also, they will be able to draw a fair idea about their performance in the test and chances of getting admission into XLRI or other B-Schools in India accepting XAT percentile.
XAT Result 2018
XLRI will be declaring the result of XAT 2018 by January 31, 2018. It will be available online on the official website of XAT 2018 and also a link to check the same will be provided here in this article. The candidates will be able to check the result and download XAT 2018 scorecard by logging in to their respective account. Also, the hard copy of the scorecard will be sent via post to the candidates. The result will furnish the sectional as well as total percentage and percentile of the all the sections. However, the percentage and percentile of General knowledge section will be calculated independently and will not be included in the calculation of “Total” percentage and percentile.
XAT Cutoff 2018
In the last week of January 2018, the cutoff will be released by XLRI for admission to various courses. The cutoff is basically the least percentile decided by the Institute and based on which the eligible candidates are shortlisted for GD/PI. Apart from XLRI, all other XAT participating Institutes will release the cutoff and the same can be checked by visiting their official websites. The last year’s sectional cutoff for BM & HRM courses has been given below. The candidates can get a rough idea about the expected XAT cutoff for 2018-19 admission.
XAT Participating Institutes 2018
The score of Xavier Aptitude Test 2018 will be accepted by over 100 B-Schools apart from XLRI and XAMI associate member Institutes. Some of the participating colleges are as follow –
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Indian Institute of Forest Management
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research
- MISB BOCCONI
Ph: 0657 665 3203/04/05,
Toll-Free no: 1800 300 20677
Fax: 0657 665 3200/ 2227814
Visit: www.xatonline.net.in | www.xlri.edu | www.xlri.ac.in