The journey which begins while tons of books and study material ends in front of a panel of interviewers. The personality test or Interview is the last hurdle in the journey of an IAS aspirant. Unlike Prelims and Mains that assess the knowledge and aptitude of the students, the Interview focuses on the intellectual abilities and social skills of a candidate.
The panel of interviewers measures the candidate’s mental and social awareness, logical exposition, the balance of judgments, intellectual and moral integrity, mental alertness, hobbies and interests, leadership ability, etc.
It often turns out to be a harrowing and frightening experience for the students. This is where the Interview Guidance Program of Chanakya IAS Academy comes into the picture. The coaching conducts a series of mock interviews for its students wherein they get to experience what an interview session is like. It employs a qualified panel of experts that guides the students regarding presentation, body language, ways of communication, etc. while answering the questions put up by the interviewing committee.
Salient features of the Program
- The experts employ scientific techniques to develop communication skills in the students and instill confidence in them
- The interview panel comprises personality development experts, subject-matter experts, and retired civil servants
- Every interview session is recorded which can be accessed by the students later. This helps them in analyzing their mistakes and learn the right techniques
- These mock sessions are held at five-star properties to give a simulated experience to the students
- The mock interviews are analyzed, and valuable feedback and suggestions are given to the students