- Class X certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it, or the birth certificate.
- Class XII or equivalent examination certificate (for those who appeared for this examination in 2016, or whose result was declared after June 2015).
- If the name is not the same as that in the Class X certificate, a government gazette notification showing the change of name.
Given below are the documents required by certain sections of candidates, and their formats as pictures. All these documents must be scanned and added to the registration section for JEE Main, and not send to the JEE Main board (CBSE), as this method is no longer accepted. Make sure that the scanned copies are of high quality, and are preferably not photos, as the latter does not have satisfactory quality as compared to scanned ones.
OBC-NCL category admission seeking candidates
These candidates will require an OBC-NCL (Other Backward Castes – Non Creamy Layer) certificate that should have been issued on or after 1st of April, 2017 which is in confirmation with the latest guidelines of the Government of India. For an up to date central list of state-wise OBCs, and the latest guidelines and updates to the category criteria, visit the website of the National Commission for Backward Castes (NCBC) at www.ncbc.nic.in. The format that should be followed for the required document is given below:
You will also be required to send a declaration, whose format is given below
SC/ST category admission seeking candidates
Caste for Scheduled Caste or Tribe for Scheduled Tribe certificate is required from the concerned authority. The form format that it is required in is given below:
PwD category admission seeking candidates
- A Physical Disability certificate form that includes the kind of disability (there are three forms, use the one that is applicable in your case), issued by the notified medical authority. The different certificates are given below:
- Dyslexic candidates will be required to submit the following forms instead of the above form. The certificate must mention “severe” to enable the candidate to obtain the benefit of PwD category. The required document format for the dyslexic candidate is given below:
Please note that individual Indian Institutes of Technology may constitute an independent medical board at the time of admission to test the candidate’s level of disability.
For candidates requiring the services of a scribe
A request letter to the chairman of the respective zonal coordinating Indian Institute of Technology must be submitted to avail the services of a scribe.
DS category admission seeking candidates
Defence Service (DS) candidates are children of defense/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations. Two seats are available for preferential allotment in each Institute for DS candidates. To avail this preferential allotment, a DS candidate must be in the Common Rank List of JEE (Advanced) 2017. Special consideration is given to the children of parents who have been KIA in the Indian Armed Forces. To avail of this category admission, the candidate is required to submit a certificate issues by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi, under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
For candidates, whose examination board is not recognized.
Sometimes the Class XII examination board of the student may be outside India or may not be listed in the Examinations Considered as Equivalent to Class XII examinations by the JEE Advanced authority. For these candidates, a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities stating that the examination qualified by the candidate is equivalent to the Class XII examination. Please proceed here for details. Here is the direct link for the equivalence certificate.