Founded in 2004 by Mr. D. Shankar, Shankar IAS Academy is one of the most trusted IAS coaching institutes in South India for the preparation of civil services exam. It offers a gamut of courses to the aspiring bureaucrats:
|Courses||Duration||Teaching Hours per Day||Batches||Fee (INR)||Medium of Instruction|
|GS+ CSAT + Optional||1 year||2.5 hours||Regular/Weekend||1,41,000|
|General Studies (Prelims cum Main)||10-11 months||2.5 hours||Regular/Weekend||95,000||English|
|CSAT||3 months||2 hours||Regular/Weekend||16,000||English|
|Optionals||4 months||3-5 hours||Regular/Weekend||30,000||English|
Note – These courses are also available online for both domestic students and NRIs.
Comprehensive study material – Shankar IAS Academy offers one of the most comprehensive and updated study materials. Its GS material on environment is praised by many.
Student-Achiever interaction – The IAS Academy facilitates guest lectures and interaction with both retired and serving IAS, IPS, and IFS officers.
Extensive Test Series – Shankar IAS offers mandatory test series to its students covering both the stages of IAS exam – Prelims and Mains.
Free Interview Guidance – Mock interviews and extensive coaching for personality development are conducted by a panel of experts.
Accommodation facility – Shankar IAS Academy serves as a home away from home for more outstation candidates. It has over 40 hostels to house them.
Shankar IAS Academy offers the facility of both online and offline admissions:
- For offline admission, candidates need to visit the study center where they wish to pursue the course. Presently Shankar IAS Academy has study centers in Anna Nagar-Chennai, Adyar-Chennai, Trichy, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, and Coimbatore
- The candidates need to fill up the application forms and attach 2 passport size photographs
- Payment can be done Cash, Card, or through Demand Drafts.
- After completing the application process, the students are provided with the study materials and an ID card
Online Admissions (Domestic)
- In case of online admissions, students need to fill in the relevant details of the application form, upload a photograph, and submit the form
- The payment can be done either online through Credit cards/Debit cards/Net banking or offline via Demand drafts.
- In fee is paid online, a payment receipt will be generated and mailed to the candidate on his registered email address
- In case of payment through demand drafts, the candidates should mention their name, contact number, and course details on the backside of the demand draft and send it to “Door No 18, Old Plot No 109, New Plot No 259, AL Block, 4th Avenue, Shanthi Colony, Annanagar, Chennai ‐ 600040” through speed post
- The application will be provisional until the payment is received by the coaching institute. Once the payment is received, the candidates will receive a call from the institute and be given the details of their batch and seat
Online Admissions (NRI)
- A candidate needs to fill up the application form available online and upload a soft copy of his photographs pertaining to the prescribed specifications
- After submitting the application form, he needs to select the mode of payment. The payment can be done through Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking
- A payment receipt will be generated and mailed to the candidate upon successful payment of the fee. Candidates will also receive a confirmation through call once the payment is made. The batch and seat details will also be shared with them
- Admission will remain provisional till the payment is confirmed by the bank
SIA (Shankar IAS Academy) played an important role in my preparation in many ways. From Prelims to Interview, the academy was integral to my preparation. Especially in Prelims and Mains, Environment part of SIA is irreplaceable. Interview program with both classes and mock interviews having online availability is the most important part which allows people from different parts of the country to access it. Timely feedbacks, diversification of ques in mock interviews and various possible ques which are relevant according to the profile of a candidate are provided which help in making preparation comprehensive – Manas Singh
I have been studying here for the past 6 months and never I have doubted or regretted my decision to join this academy. The faculty, study material, classroom environment, and test materials are of top quality. They also impart quality knowledge that will surely shape you into a top-notch bureaucrat and a great person. Do consider this academy before planning to go to Delhi or other places for civil service preparations – Paravasa Kannan
This is an ace institute of South India for UPSC and other competitive examinations preparation. I am studying here from last June and with no doubt, I would say the faculty here is so knowledgeable and so down to earth when it comes to explaining the concepts. The test series conducted here was prepared by a pursuing R&D and we could see the quality when the same questions are seen in the UPSC question papers. I am proud to say as an outcome of this institution, will suggest you too to take on the pride by preferring this institution before taking any chance to Delhi. I take this opportunity to thank Dr. Shankar sir, Dr. Vaishnavi mam, and all staff members who are a part of this academy – Ragul Rob