Searching for the best design colleges in India is a task where most of us ponder. Design thinking is critical and time taking. Don’t worry we help you easing the task and let you know where to put your creative intellect to test. Remember you will not regret reading the list we compiled of design colleges in India we mentioned here.
Designers are known to be the creators of civilization. Designers put in their energy and soul to projects that inspire and affect the lives of many. If you are one kind of student who sees the world with a different viewpoint and ponders to how things work then designing is definitely one course that caters your brain-feed. Finding the right college in India is a task where many aspirants lack. We put in the effort to shortlist the best from the rest because it is very necessary to go to a place where imaginations are put to demanding work.
Here are some best design colleges in India that will help aspirants to become designers:-
1. Unitedworld Institute of Design, Karnavati University
One of the premier Design institutes of India, and affiliated to the prestigious Karnavati University, United World Institute of Design (UID) aims to create in-demand global professionals who can trigger novel trends and thus exhibit their creativity. UID’S path for excellence has made it shine with an extraordinary feat of success in a short span. Following are the details of the various design study programs running in Karnavati University’s United World Institute of Design:
- Product Design
- Automobile and Transportation Design
- Fashion Design
- Lifestyle Accessory Design
- Visual Communication (Graphics)
- Animation & Motion Graphics
- Interior Design
- Masters in Product Design
- Masters in Visual Communication (Graphics)
- Masters in Interior and Furniture Design
- Masters in Fashion Design
- Masters in Textile and Knitwear Design
Contact with Email at: [email protected]
Contact with phone: (+91) 9667048555
2. National Institute of Design
National Institute of Design, familiarly known as NID is the most popular Design College in India. It has been rated among “Best 50 Design Schools in the world” by Business Week. It is very hard to secure a rank for admission at NID. It is the best design college in India. This is a learning-place where budding designers dream to be. Conferences with the best in the industry is a common sight at NID.
1. Graduate Degree Programme in Design (B. Des.): Animation Film Design, Apparel Design, Ceramic and Glass Design, Design for Retail Experience, Digital Game Design, Film and Video Communication, Furniture Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Lifestyle Accessory Design, New Media Design, Photography Design, Product Design, Strategic Design Management, Textile Design, Toy and Game Design, Transportation and Automobile Design, Universal Design.
2. Master of Design (M. Des) Product Design, Furniture and Interior Design, Ceramic and Glass Design, Animation Film Design, Film and Video Communication, Graphic Design, Exhibition Design, Textile, and Apparel Design.
3. National Institute of Fashion Technology
National Institute of Fashion Technology(NIFT) is one of the best design colleges in India. As the name suggests NIFT is the best for fashion design and fashion technology. NIFT is established under the Ministry of Textile in 1986 and since then it holds importance in the field of fashion design studies. You can feel the vibe of creativity as soon as you enter the premises of NIFT college. Lots of well-established designers are a product of NIFT.
1: B. Des, B. F-tech. Fashion Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design, Apparel Production
2. M.Des (Master of Design), M.F Tech (Management of Fashion Technology), M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management)
4. Industrial Design Centre
Industrial Design Centre (IDC) is the second oldest design college in India, established in 1969 by the Government of India at the campus of the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai. With IDC’s curriculum and mission, it is evident you will grow up as a person as well. IDC college believes in regular interaction with industry adjoining with academia to provide students a knowledge of how the Industrial Design Industry works which helps students to understand design concepts better.
Establishment year: 1969
1. Bachelor of Design degree program
2 Master of Design as well as a Ph.D. program in Design: Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, and Mobility & Vehicle Design.
5. Srishti School of Art Design and Technology
Srishti Institute of Art, Design & Technology (Srishti) is a design college set up in 1996 by the Ujwal Trust in Bangalore, India. It offers practice-and-research-based environments for students and faculty from a multitude of disciplines. If you are kind of a person who possesses creative ideas in just any field Srishti School of Art Design and Technology is the place to be. You will get an opportunity to explore every aspect of creativity as a whole.
Phone: 080 4044 6964
1. Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.): Creative Coding, Design and Build- STEM Learning
2. Bachelor of Design(B.De): Business Services and System Design, Creative Education, Human Centred Design, Industrial Arts and Design Practices, Information Arts and Information Design Practices, Public Space Design, Visual Communication, and Strategic Branding
3.Bachelor of Creative Arts(B.Cr) .: Contemporary Art Practice, Creative Writing, Digital Media Arts, Experimental Media Arts, Film, Film from Srishti Films
4. Postgraduate Diploma, PGDP: Bridge, Finish, Apprenticeship
5. Master of Design, M.Des.: Design-led Innovation, Earth Education and Communication, Heritage Design, Planning and Management, Human Centered Design, Industrial Arts and Design Practices, Information Arts and Information Design Practices, Public Space Design, Strategic Design and Brand Leadership
6. Master of Creative Arts, M.Cr.A.: Contemporary Art Practice, Creative Documentary, Digital Media Arts, Experimental Media Art Practices
7. Master of Planning, M.Plan.: Urban Design, Sustainability and Conservation
8. Master of Arts, M.A.: Aesthetics and Visual Cultures, Digital Humanities, Knowledge Systems and Practice, Land and Livelihood Studies, Public History and Heritage Interpretation, Screen Studies
9. Master of Arts- Professional Practice, M.A.: Design in Education, Experience Design, Impact Entrepreneurship, Oral History
10. Doctoral Program, Ph.D.: Doctoral Program in Art and Design
6. Pearl Academy
Pearl Academy, founded in 1993, is a fashion and design institution in India with more than 2,500 students. Pearl Academy has grown as a brand when it comes to design colleges in India. This is so because of the rigorous effort in the quality knowledge that Pearl Academy offers. One can find content in all possibilities especially Fashion Design possess.
Establishment year: 1993
Location: Jaipur, Noida, Mumbai, Delhi
Phone: 075064 12262
1 Undergraduate Courses: Fashion Design, Fashion Styling & Image Design, Fashion Media Communication, Communication Design, Interior Architecture and Design, Product Design, Lifestyle Accessory Design, Fashion and Lifestyle Business Management, Global Luxury Brands Management.
2. Post-Undergraduate Courses: Fashion Design, Fashion Styling & Image Design, Fashion Communication, Communication Design, Interior Design & Styling, Product Design, Fashion Business –Marketing & Merchandising, Luxury Brands.
3. Diploma (Morning Session): Fashion Media Makeup, Fashion Women’s Wear, Styling for Interiors, Professional Photography
4. Diploma (Evening Session): Fashion Design, Graphic Design, and Advertising, Styling, and Grooming, Interior Decoration
5. MA Degree: Fashion Marketing
6. MA Design: Fashion and Textiles
7. Professional Diploma: PR and Events
7. Arch Academy of Design
Arch Academy of Design (AAD) is a design college in Jaipur, established in 2000 under the management of the Arch Educational Society by its Founder & Director Ms. Archana Surana. From then they came very far becoming a prominent name in Design colleges in India. This is due to the well-rounded approach to learning that they carry. They inculcate culture, industrial interaction, creativity altogether. The campus is beautiful and thoughtful.
Establishment Year: 2000
Phone: +91-141-4060500 / 02 / 03
1.UG programs: Fashion Design, Fashion Design & Business, Interior Design
Interior Design & Business
Jewellery Design & Business
Graphic Design & Communication
Craft Product Design & Business
Lifestyle Accessories Design
Visual Arts (BVA Applied Arts)
2.PG programs: Fashion Design & Entrepreneurship, Interior Design & Entrepreneurship, Jewellery Design & Entrepreneurship, Lifestyle Accessories Design, Graphic Communication
Garment Production & Export Management (GPEM)
8. Indian School of Design and Innovation
The Indian School of Design and Innovation / ISDI was founded in 2013 in collaboration with Parsons The New School for Design in the heart of Urban Mumbai. ISDI is relatively a new college but the standards they follow are gripping. In such a short span of time ISDI has seen a lot of eminent names from around the world coming as guest faculties. Good exposure is clearly visible.
Phone: 077188 65341
1. Undergraduate Diploma: Communication Design, Fashion Design, Interior Design
2 Graduate Diploma: Design + Innovation, Fashion Business Management
3. Professional Programs: 3D Visual Effects Diploma, Compositing for Films and Television Essentials, Fashion Design Essentials, Game Development Essentials, Graphic Design Essentials.
4. Short Programs: Pre-College Academy, Fashion Styling,
5. Short Programs: Fashion Styling,
6. Short Programs: Essentials of 3D Animation & Post Production
9. MAEER’S MIT Institute of Design
MIT Institute of Design is a design college situated in Pune, India. This institution was established in 2006 by MAEER’s (Maharashtra Academy of Engineering & Education Research) Group. The campus is subtle yet creative. At this Design College, you’ll get live projects time to time making you efficient and practical day by day.
Phone: 020 3069 3600
1. UG programs:
Fashion & Textile Design, Fashion Design & Business, Fashion Design, Interior Design & Business, Graphic & Interaction Design, Graphic Design (Applied Arts), Product Design, Jewellery Design & Business
2. PG programs: Fashion Design & Entrepreneurship, Interior Design & Entrepreneurship, Design Communication, Jewellery Design & Entrepreneurship, Product Merchandising
10. Strate School of Design
Situated in the garden city of Bengaluru, Strate is more than simply being a design school. As the institute claims, it is a project nurtured by the human community. Hence, this higher education leader in the field of design essential incorporates human values in every activity of it- from teaching the students the essentials of design to actually working in the field, for its renowned collaborators. Spread over 5 spheres of creativity viz. design of products, space, interaction, transportation, and identity, endeavors to provide industry-oriented and -endorsed study programs through entities like Galileo Global Education, iNurture Education Solutions. Moreover, the robust built up of the school is adorned by the auspicious presence of partners as famous as Renault, L’OREAL, UNICEF, ALSTOM, and Microsoft, to name a few. This center of design learning carries the potential to design the best study programs for your career in the industry.
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
Contact through email: [email protected]
Contact through phone: (+91) 888-082-0000
Integrated French Master in Design program – A UG-cum-PG Degree full-time program that extends over a period of 5 years. The design study program covers the following courses in the span of these 5 years:
- Product Design Program
- Interaction Design Program
- Transportation/Automobile Design Program
- Space Design Program
- Identity Design Program
Fees: INR 8,25,000 per year (This only includes the tuition fees and doesn’t cover the charges for international study trips, and other miscellaneous fees).
Eligibility: Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with 50% marks, aggregate.