Those Students who aspire to get admissions to M.Sc. (2 years/4 semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other post-graduation degree programs, JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.) acts as a gateway to their aspirations. And they can get a Master’s degree in science, through IIT and NIT, IISER and other such institutions depending on their score in the exam. We have compiled a list of top 5 IIT JAM coaching in Lucknow in this article.
Each year, one of the 16 participating premier institutes of India (IITs or IISc) conduct the JAM test on a rotational basis.
Lucknow has been a favorite destination for thousands of graduates from all over UP who dream of cracking the IIT JAM exam. Hence, in the past few years, the city has witnessed a sudden increase in the number of new coaching centers. Then the professionals also like to share an old piece of advice which is still in circulation. They advise, ‘To get the best coaching, you should immediately leave Lucknow!’
It is a hint at the institutes located at Kota, Hyderabad or Delhi. But for the Lucknowites, who for some reasons can’t leave the city, do have some very good coaching franchises and institutes to cater to their preparatory needs.
It goes without saying that every second coaching for IIT JAM claims to be the best in the business. To verify these loud claims, we have adopted certain methods and conducted research to bring you the best 5 IIT JAM Coaching Classes in Lucknow.
You may like to check out Selected Books and Coaching Institutes for IIT JAM-2018.
Anyhow, aspiring Lucknow students often get confused as to which coaching institute they should choose for IIT JAM preparation!
Here is our take on the top 5 IIT JAM coaching in Lucknow for preparation :
Kendrika Academy is another well known IIT JAM coaching for the disciplines of Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, etc. endeavoring every effort for the ambitious Lucknow citizens. Founded in July 2008, the institute aims to prepare students for various competitive entrance examinations for higher education and research related to Arts, Commerce, Sciences, Technology, Biotechnology, Lifesciences & Pharmaceutical Sciences by using innovative techniques and methodology. It specializes in IIT JAM Exam. As per the website- “We are India’s first academy to provide Online “LIVE” Classes along with classroom coachings for the preparation of these exams. We have a pool of highly experienced and extra brilliant faculty members who are products of IITs, various CSIR Labs & other best institutes with cutting-edge teaching methodologies together having an unmatched track record of mentoring the toppers.”
S.B. Institute is among the best IIT JAM coachings in Lucknow. It provides coaching classes for Boards (CBSE/ISC, ICSE), M.SC(Maths) and entrance exam for NBHM, ISI, BHU, CMI, and other entrance exams. The Institute is fully loaded with rich ambiance and state-of-the-art infrastructural facilities to complement the teaching and to meet the requirements by providing a very congenial and intellectually stimulating competitive environment. As per the official website- “The program structure of S.B. institute endeavors to combine insights from a number of academic disciplines and functional areas and equip the students with tools to effectively analyze various facets of the competition.”
Koshika Academy is a prime science and technology coaching in Lucknow. It has a core faculty for CSIR / UGC – NET for Science and other subjects. The faculty includes Ex-IITians and scientists from premier research centers. The subject experts concentrate on student’s skills and question-solving abilities. Problem-solving and doubt clearing sessions are taken daily after completion of each topic. Practice sheets are used to clear doubts and ensure complete preparation. Apart from its classroom coaching programs, the institute also offers correspondence programs and test series. The study material is provided by experts, which cover notes, numerical problems with solutions and diagrammatic representations to the students. As per the official website-‘’Each topic is supplemented by numerous MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and sample test papers for rigorous practice.’’
The INPS aka the Institute of Natural & Professional Sciences established in the year 2000 is catering to the aspirants of the IIT JAM providing a unique and distinct learning environment for them. Serving by providing guidance in Mathematics, Computers, Reasoning, and English, the Institute aspires to be the best one for the aspirants. The institute boasts of highly qualified faculty competent teaching strategies. Teachers pay individual attention to each and every student as the strength of batches hovers around 20 students per batch. Students are made to practice the problems quite regularly which shows in the results. Particularly, attention is paid to the mathematical aspect of the study material. Revision of syllabus is the area that is quite taken care of. Having such astounding attributes, one should definitely aspire for admission into the Institute for pursuing studies through the IIT JAM.
This IIT JAM coaching institute is located at the easily accessible part of Lucknow. The coaching claims to “address the needs with the utmost care and ensure satisfaction.” They also assert to give a pleasant experience to the students in their studies and stick on to deadlines. The faculty pays sufficient heed to satisfactory performance by the students which is vital for the institute also. The USP of the institute lies in emphasizing on and enhancing the problem-solving abilities of the pupils. Another eye-catching quality of the institute is of maintaining the ideal teacher to student ratio, which stands at a good 1:20. This way teachers and students both get ample time for clearing their doubts. Hence the institute has a high likeliness of transforming your dream of getting through the IIT JAM into a reality.
Preparation Tips for IIT JAM:
Don’t stick in the jam by the IIT JAM, just keep in mind these few preparation tips.
- You need to start preparing as early as possible so that you may get enough time for exam preparations along with proper revisions.
- You have to understand and analyze the syllabus beforehand.
- Choose from the best JAM study materials and stick to it.
- Practice previous years’ question papers & sample papers.
- Make short notes of the topics and revise them at the end of preparation.
- Do physical exercises as it will help you concentrate on your studies.
- Make a list of subjects and prioritize them based on the marks allotted to them. Create a timetable assigning subjects according to the marks. According to the exam experts, learning random topics may lead to confusion at the end.
- Don’t take any stress.
- Eat well & try to sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours a day during your preparation.
- Maintaining good health during exam preparation is as important as preparing for the exams. Pay attention to it.
6 tips for last minute preparation for JAM:
- Try and solve as many past year question papers as you can, to get an insight into the kind of questions which are generally asked.
- Solve mock test papers available online. The more you face such challenges, the more are the chances of your getting acquainted with the pattern of the papers.
- Make very short notes or memory cards to help in the last minute revision. Now you just can’t afford to look for the minute details. On the contrary, the exercise can prove to be a much stress building one.
- Devote more time towards revising topics which have more weightage. The key lies in utilizing most of your time that is left with you.
- Stay away from starting a new topic at the last minute. Instead, revise the topics you have already completed.
- Keep calm and don’t panic.