Joint Entrance Exam, JEE, 2018 exam notification will be out most probably in the 3rd or 4th week of November 2017. JEE exam is the joint exam procedure for 10+2 students aspiring to make a successful career in various engineering streams. The exam takes place in 2 phases Main and Advanced. JEE Main exam is conducted by CBSE and JEE advanced exam is conducted by IITs.
This year JEE 2018 Main exam date is 8 April 2018. The complete JEE 2018 Main exam notification will be released next month. The final date for JEE 2018 Advanced exam is 20 May 2018. This time IIT Kanpur is organizing JEE advanced 2018. IITK has released eligibility criteria for JEE advanced exam.
Before heading over to JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility criteria read what’s new in JEE 2018.
- There will be no weightage to class 12th marks in JEE Main and JEE Advance 2018 rank list.
- Aadhar card will be compulsory during the registration process.
- JEE 2018 Advanced will be completely an online mode examination. In JEE advanced 2017 18 marks bonus was given to the students, after the probe, due to some printing issues. So JAS completely dropped offline examination idea this time.
- The complete registration process will take place online.
- JEE Main 2018 papers will be both in online as well as offline mode.
This year 2,24,000 candidate will be shortlisted for JEE advanced examination. The categorical classification is like this
- OPEN Total 1,13,120
- OPEN 1,07,464
- OPEN-PwD 5,656
- OBC Total 60,480
- OBC-NCL 57,456
- OBC-NCL-PwD 3,024
- SC Total 33,600
- SC 31,920
- SC-PwD 1,680
- ST Total 16,800
- ST 15,960
- ST-PwD 840
- 7% OBC-NCL.
- 15% for SC.
- 7.5% for ST.
- 50.5% OPEN.
- Within each of these four categories, 5% horizontal reservation for PwD candidates.
Criterion #2 Student Age
- Should be born on or before 1 October 1993.
- For SC/ST/PwD, Date of birth should be on or after 1 October 1988.
Criterion #3 Number of Attempts
- As usual, 2 consecutive attempts.
Criterion #4 Class 12th (or equivalent) Credibility
- A student should have attempted class 12th examination in for the first time in 2017 or 2018.
Criterion #5 IIT Rejected Student
- If any candidate who was earlier student of IIT and whose admission was canceled by IIT will be ineligible for JEE Advanced 2018
Any candidate to appear in JEE advance exam this year has to full fill stick to all these criteria.