IAS is one of the most coveted job profiles and the difficulty level of procuring one is damn high. IAS preparation requires the aspirants to possess in-depth knowledge of different subjects and sound analytical skills. As the syllabus covers everything from history, geography, polity, economics, public administration, and current affairs, the exam preparation becomes quite tedious and cumbersome. Hence, coaching institutes become quite crucial for building a strong foundation and plunging the competition. The IAS coaching institutes not only help the aspirants in honing their skills but also provide them with the right preparation strategy. However, finding the right coaching institute is a complex job as they are available in plenty, each bragging about its achievements.
Here are some tips that might help you in choosing the right IAS coaching institute for yourself; to aid your preparation and brush up your skills:
1. While new IAS coaching institutes are popping like morning mushrooms across the country, it is safer to go with the older ones. The older ones are familiar with the preparation strategy but the newer one would take some time to get equipped with that
2. Don’t surrender to the marketing gimmicks of different IAS coaching institutes. The best way to analyze one is to talk to the students already enrolled there. They can give you the actual and unfiltered reviews
3. Check out the credentials of the faculty and find out if the owner himself is taking any subjects. the brilliance of teachers is what gives an IAS coaching an edge over the others
4. The infrastructure and ambiance of the coaching institute also matter a lot. Check out the environment they provide to the students as to whether it is hygienic or not
5. Don’t just go after the brand name. Check out the results delivered by the coaching institutes in recent years. A good IAS coaching should be consistent in its results. The ones living in the glory of toppers they produced 5 years back are not worth a try
6. Check if the coaching upgrades its study material or is still using the outdated version. The IAS exam is prone to changes every year and the study ware would stand obsolete if not updated according to the trend
7. Also, consider factors like cost and convenience before enrolling yourself with any IAS coaching. Compare its fee with others and also check the locality. There is no point in wasting time and energy in traveling miles every day. Also, skyrocketing fee is not a validation of the quality of education offered at coaching
8. Inquire whether the coaching offers post-batch support or not. And if possible, attend a few demo classes before paying the fee
While a good coaching institute is a necessary precursor to success in the IAS entrance, it does not guarantee a selection in the exam. An IAS coaching can only serve as a guiding light in your preparation journey. But it is you who needs to put in the best of efforts and practice. coaching institutes just simplify things but developing and sharpening the required skills rests in the hands of the aspirants.